With the school holidays fast approaching what better way to keep those young minds in tip top condition than with this just updated education app, Elevated Math. Elevated Math contains lessons that cover place value, estimation, large digit addition all the way through Algebra I (two years of math instruction!). The app comes with two complimentary lessons and one complimentary career video. Teacher notes and student materials for all lessons are free.
Take a look at the Features of this app below and also Whats New in this update…
With the hands-on uniqueness of the iPad platform, students can now be more engaged than ever, learning at their own pace and moving on with no gaps. This is education with fingertip precision. And built within the precise animation, voiceovers, and lesson landscape of the Elevated Math app is each student’s personal whiteboard for working out their own individual math problems.
120+ hours of instruction with 70+ hours of quality animation are available.
Lessons are grouped into five math standards and are designed to conform to those recommended by the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM), state departments of educations, and the Common Core State Standards Initiative for developing concepts for grades 4-8. The lessons cover:
– Numbers and Operations – 40 lessons on whole number operations, integers, fractions, decimals, factors, decimal operations, exponents, powers, computational fluency of fractions, ratio, proportion, and percent.
- Measurement – 12 lessons on attributes and tools (the units, systems, processes, applications of measurement, and estimation), and perimeter, area, and volume.
- Geometry – 22 lessons on points, lines, angles and triangles, characteristics of geometric shapes, coordinate geometry and spatial visualization, and transformation of shapes
- Algebra – 90 lessons covering the concepts found in a middle grade Algebra 1 class. Patterns are represented and analyzed, and linear functions are represented with tables, graphs, verbal rules, and symbolic rules. Nonlinear relationships are studied, as are polynomial, exponential, and rational functions. Expressions are manipulated and simplified, and equations and inequalities are solved. And much more…
- Data analysis and probability – 9 lessons include selecting and using appropriate statistical methods for data analysis, developing inferences and predictions based on data, and applying basic concepts of probability typically covered in grades 6-8.
Top college entrance exam tutors have bundled specific lessons deemed highly relevant for raising SAT and ACT test scores.
Included in the app are a series of career-oriented live-action videos that answer the frequent question: “Why do we need to learn this stuff?” These documentaries focus on individuals who are using math in their jobs and include a jazz musician, a stunt pilot, an animator, a landscape architect, a chocolatier, and fifteen others.
Elevated Math 1.0.2 will require that you re-download any lessons or videos you have purchased. You will not be charged again for purchased lessons. This update includes a number of fixes and improvements:
• Provides full screen for videos in the landscape position
• Adjusts the sync and adds pauses to lessons M1.1, M1.2, and M3.4
• Fixes bugs
• Includes diagnostics in the coding so the user is alerted if a download fails