This looks like a stunning new MIDI controller app. It allows you to control hardware and software synths, effects, and DAWs (like Live, Cubase, Reaper, Logic) via MIDI. MIDI Designer gives you the knobs, buttons, sliders and X-Y Pads. You design your Control Surface. MIDI Designer grew out of a love for physical MIDI hardware, and a desire to surpass its limits. MIDI Designer allows you to create the ultimate rig, and then control it. Use just your iPad, or use your iPad combined with external MIDI hardware.
It retails for $18.99/ £13.49 and you can download it here. Check out more features below.
Unlike Hardware You Get:
- A Customizable Surface: Choose the controls — knobs, sliders, buttons, and X-Y pads — and put them where you want, in the sizes you want. Invent, copy your hardware, or mix and match.
- Label everything: Controls get labels and pages get names. If that’s not enough: Add additional labels and even labelled panels. Multiple symbols and all alphabets are welcome.
- Two-Up Page Design: Each page takes up half the screen and can appear on either side (or both!). Makes rig navigation fast, comfortable, and intuitive.
- Beautiful Pages: design pages of controls with the textures and colors you want.
- Supercontrols: Set up simple and complex chains of controls. Have one knob turn several, or have a button shut hundreds of knobs off in a single touch. The possibilities are endless.
- Knob and Slider Overlays (patent pending): your hands aren’t see through. Overlays follow your touch and let you see the control you’re manipulating at all times.