After huge prelaunch controversory concerning the RAW issue, 645 PRO is now available in the iTunes App Store. 645 PRO has been designed, from the ground up, for professional and serious amateur photographers. So it works the way a camera works, not some piece of computer software.
Every setting is managed directly from the camera—no layers of menus to negotiate. You have instant access to everything that can be controlled, from focus/exposure and white balance locking to a 645 PRO-exclusive choice between spot and multi-zone metering. And you have all the information you need, all the time, including a real-time ISO and shutter-speed reading and even a live histogram.
We have listed the features below but be aware that an update has also just been submitted to Apple for approval, the update will include the following:
* dRAW TIFF option saves full (645) format, whetever the choice of Back, rather than cropped
* Histogram updates are now smoother on iPhone 4S
* Camera control returned somewhat more quickly after shot taken
* Updated dRAW LCD and saving tell-tales to read +TIFF, plus updated User Manual (see http://jag.gr/2012/04/17/645-pro-raw-redux/)
* Enhanced memory management
* Fixed minor formatting issue with Software metadata tag
This app retails for $2.99/£1.99 but we have codes to giveaway today, as our the developers have joined our Daily App Giveaway program.
Would you like to try this app for free? If so, like us on Facebook (see bottom of home page), join our ever expanding Twitter followers, RETWEET THIS POST and send a reply to the bottom of this page telling us what you love most about theappwhisperer.com. We will select winners at random from the limited selection of promo codes that we have been given and send a code directly to your email box.
1. Maximum image quality 645 PRO develops high-quality JPEGs with the option of completely “lossless” JPEGs. You also have the choice to save the dRAW image data in TIFF format for later post-processing.
2. Intuitive handling 645 PRO has all its controls “on-camera”, providing instant access to everything.
3. Ultimate control If it can be controlled, 645 PRO lets you control it. Exposure, focus, white balance, and more…
4. Spot metering With 645 PRO you can choose between the standard Multi-Zone metering approach and more targeted Spot metering.
5. Low-light performance Using Night Mode, 645 PRO has shutter speeds of up to 1 second, which can open up even the darkest evening scene.
6. Interchangable bodies Choose the look you want for your camera—the verve of Rosso or understated Classic.
7. Interchangable backs With five backs, 645 PRO can deliver all the leading medium format ratios from square to panoramic.
8. Professional film modes 645 PRO has seven color and B&W film modes inspired by classic film stock.
9. Live Preview The Viewfinder can show you exactly what you will capture, so you can work precisely with the particular characteristics of your chosen film mode.
10. Interchangable focusing screens Choose between crosshairs, Rule of Thirds or an architectural grid, keeping everything horizontal with the split-screen spirit level.
11. Real-time histogram See how your image is balanced across five stops of exposure—even before you’ve taken it!
12. Essential informatiom With its always-on LCD Display, 645 PRO shows you everything you need to know about your camera, from the ISO and shutter speed to the current flash and battery status.
Drawing its inspiration from the obsession with quality embodied by top-end Medium Format film and digital cameras, 645 PRO exists purely to help you use your iPhone as a tool for composing, taking and saving the finest possible photographs.