World Press Photo presents a visual journey of the past year through the eyes of the world’s top photojournalists. Browse the entire collection of award-winning photography from the 2012 World Press Photo Contest, the leading competition in the field of photojournalism.
The 2012 World Press Photo app showcases a selection of prize winning images. From within the app you can easily upgrade to the the full version, which will enable you to see the entire more than 350 images awarded in nine themed categories, from Spot News and Contemporary Issues to Sports and Nature, from 57 photographers of 25 nationalities.
This app has just been updated, it fixes a rare bug that cause the in-app purchase to hang. It is also iOS 6 supported.
This is a free app and a free update. You can download it here.
- A selection of award-winning photos from the 2012 World Press Photo Contest
- All images are optimized for the new retina iPad
– One award-winning multimedia production
– Browse images by location or category
- Photographer biographies
– Camera detail information
– List of jury members and jury interviews
- Sharing via social media
– Automatic slideshows