pCAM Film+Digital Calculator originally developed in 1998 for the Palm device, this award-winning app has become a time-tested industry standard. You can read more about its great features below. This app has just been upated and you can also read about that in What’s New below. This is a free update if you have previously purchased this app, if not you can do so below.
What Does It Do?
• A Cinematography and Still Photography calculator for Photographers, Directors of Photography, Camera Operators, Camera Assistants, VFX Supervisors, Script Supervisors, Gaffers, Grips, Motion Picture Editors, Production Designers, Art Directors, Film and Photography Students.
• Calculates: Depth of Field – Hyperfocal – Image Circle – Splits/Aperture Finder – Field of View (Picture Sizes) – Field of View Preview (with images to size shots) – Angle of View – Relative Sensor Sizes – Focal Length (lens) Matching – Triangulate – Exposure – Running Time to Length – Shooting to Screen Time – HMI Flicker-free – Color Correction (choosing color correction filters) – Diopter – Macro – Time Lapse – Underwater Distance – Scene Illumination (beam intensity) – Light Coverage (width/distance) – Mired Shift (with suggested color correction gels) – Conversion calculator – Siemens Star (Focus chart) – Insert Slate.
• Differs from other Photography apps because it has a hi-res graphical interface that is both easy to use and helps the user understand how each calculation is applied. It was designed specifically for professional photographers and filmmakers and has the correct Still, HD Video and Motion Picture Camera manufacturer’s specs for Image Size and Circle of Confusion.
• 62nd Primetime Emmy Awards, 2010. Won an Engineering Plaque for Outstanding Achievement in Engineering Development from the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.
✓ Works on iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.
✓ Graphical interface with retina screen High Resolution.
✓ Calculates instantly and automatically as each entry is changed.
✓ Saves entries until you change or reset.
✓ Quick Gestural finger changes to Depth of Field Distance and Aperture inputs.
✓ Customizable, user-defined Camera Formats, CoC and Filters.
✓ Easy Picker wheels for Aperture, Camera Formats and Light Sources.
✓ Quick Buttons for Camera Formats, Jumps to “Film,” “Video,” “Stills,” or “Custom.”
✓ Global settings for Feet & Inches or Metric – EI or ASA – Foot-candles or Lux, Exposure defaults, Depth of Field nudging increments.
✓ Built-in User Guide on each screen.
✓ Motion Picture formats: 8mm – 16mm – 35mm – VistaVision – 65mm – 70mm – IMAX.
✓ HD Video formats: 1/4”, 1/3”, 1/2”, 2/3” HD CCD – 35mm Still Lens Adapters – Digital HD SLR’s, Super 35mm-sized HD – 65mm-sized HD.
✓ Still Camera formats: 35mm Standard – 4/3 – APS – Panoramic – DSLR – Digital backs – 6×6 cm – 6×7 cm – 4×5 – 5×7 – 8×10.
• Added Relative Size app. Compares digital sensor and film aperture sizes.
• Added Sony NEX-FS700 (16:9, 1.85, 2.40).
• iOS 6 compliant.
• Various fixes and tweaks.