I was taking a look through my archives and felt that it might be a good idea to revisit this article I wrote for dpreview.com back in October 2011. It’s an opinion piece discussing how smartphones are changing digital photography, there are many aspects of it that are ‘dated’ now in terms of hardware that I mentioned but the fundamentals remain and with the current ‘confusion/disillusionment’ many iPhone photographers are reporting, I felt this may be of help. I will be updating this article soon with a clearer reflection on where we are now. Have a read and please send me a comment, does it help you or not?
Join Our Twitter Followers
TheAppWhisperer MagazineView my Flipboard Magazine.
The Royal Photographic Society
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Join The Conversation
The Art of iPhoneography Workshop
iPhoneography Online Course
2014 Top Mobile Images Of The Year!
2013 Top Mobile Images of the Year!
2012 Top Mobile Images Of The Year
- Mobile Photography – Portrait of an Artist – Fourteenth Video Showcase – TheAppWhisperer
- Mobile Photography – Streets Ahead – Forty Fifth Edition (Part 1) – Women’s Street Photography Collective
- Inspiring Photographic TED Talk – Visualising Enduring Love
- TrueView Interviews –“What does your Work say about Mobile Photography?”with Brett Chenoweth from the USA
- Mobile Photography/Art – Pic of the Day (185) – via Instagram – TheAppWhisperer
- APPart – Mobile Art – Pantone Color of the Day – ‘Muskmelon’ – TheAppWhisperer
- Mobile Photography/Art Tutorial – Brushstroke Part 2: Canvas the Area
- TrueView Interviews – “What does your Work say about Mobile Photography” with Karen Axelrad from Berlin, Germany
- Mobile Photography/Art – Pic of the Day (184) – via Instagram – TheAppWhisperer
- APPart – Mobile Art – Pantone Color of the Day – ‘Coral Gold’ – TheAppWhisperer
- TrueView Interview – What does your Work say about Mobile Photography and/or Mobile Art?” with Gizem Karayavuz from Istanbul
- Mobile Photography/Art – Pic of the Day (183) – via Instagram – TheAppWhisperer