Inkist is a brand new app from the developers of Filterstorm it allows you tp paint on your iPad with highly customizable brushes and tools you expect from advanced painting software. The developers explain, ‘Inkist eschews the trend of hiding interface elements from you, and presents you with everything you need up front. This minimizes the number of taps needed to switch between tools and provides you with a faster, more streamlined drawing experience’.
This app is free for a limited time, after that it will retail for $1.99/£1.49. Click here to download today.
• Stylus pressure sensitivity with Adonit Jot Touch, Pogo Connect and JaJa.
• Ability to screen out non-stylus touches with Adonit Jot Touch (Requires Jot Touch 4).
• Ability to screen out non-stylus touches with Pogo Connect.
• Share layered files with Inkist/Inkist Lite Mac
• Three layers with blend modes, opacity, and opacity locking settings
• Import/export PNG, PSD (Photoshop), and proprietary ISImage file formats
• Custom shape/pattern
• Minimum radius (light stylus pressure, or beginning and end of stroke)
• Radius jitter
• Minimum opacity
• Opacity jitter
• Color jitter
• Angle jitter
• Make angle follow brush
• Brush files compatible with Inkist on Mac
• Blending tool
• Dodge/Burn blending with customizable strength for highlights, mid tones, and temperature adjustment
• Line tool
• Selection tools
• Hue saturation lightness controls
• Luminance curves
• Text tool
• Image sizes up to 2048×2048
• Option to move toolbar for a left-handed interface
• Brush stroke mirroring
• Layers are supported, but layer settings (blend modes, transparency settings) are not
• Layers above the bottom three layers will be flattened into the top Inkist layer
• Inkist may have trouble opening images significantly larger than Inkist’s maximum canvas size