Samsung Electronics announced today the launch of the NX mini, a slim and light interchangeable-lens camera. The portable and stylish design of the NX mini combined with its image quality means you can capture special moments in stunning detail. With NFC and Wi-Fi capabilities, you can take impressive shots that you can then share quickly and easily with your friends straight away.
With its slim and light interchangeable-lens, the NX mini is the ultimate way to capture life on the go. Weighing only 158g (body only) and sporting an ultra slim (22.5mm) design, the NX mini can easily slip into almost any pocket or bag, yet still provide the results passionate photographers demand. The camera features a solid premium metal body with a luxurious leather finish, making the camera the natural choice for style-conscious shooters looking to make a statement. Available in three different colours (white, mint green and black) you can choose the colour that best suits your style.
The ‘selfie‘ has found a permanent place in vocabularies across the world in recent years and its popularity shows no sign of stopping. Reflecting this recent consumer trend, the NX mini has a range of exclusive features which make taking amazing selfies effortless. With a 75.2mm (3.0-inch) Flip up and Touch Display that rotates 180-degrees, you can frame images perfectly. The NX mini’s powerful optical performance provides crisp, clear, quality images, to ensure that whoever is being photographed always looks their best. With the ultra-slim 9mm wide angle lens, the NX mini can capture group shots from an arm’s length away, so you can easily frame groups.
Maintaining a flattering pose while also attempting to press the shutter release button when self-shooting can be tricky, but the NX mini’s Wink shot feature makes it the perfect hands-free way to capture the real you. You simply have to set up the shot and then wink at the camera to capture the image. Once a wink is detected, the NX mini takes a shot automatically after two seconds, without having to press any buttons.
Despite its slim appearance, the NX mini packs a big performance. It has a large 1-inch type 20.5MP BSI CMOS Sensor which enables you to take high quality images, ensuring no details are missed. With the highest resolution in its class, pictures captured with the NX mini burst with vivid colour.
The NX mini’s impressively fast 6fps Continuous Shot mode allows you to take continuous shots, so every detail can be captured and no moments are missed. The fast 1/16000 sec Shutter Speed freezes fast moving scenes, allowing for the dramatic capture of motion in crisp detail, without blurring.
Paul Scott, Head of Product Marketing DI & Accessories, Samsung Electronics UK and Ireland said: “The NX range is all about innovation and our latest addition, the NX mini, gives our customers an amazing set of new features to enjoy within a fantastically designed device. Whilst features such as the ‘Wink’ shot will appeal to a broad consumer base, others including the interchangeable lens and 20.5MP BSI CMOS Sensor means there’s also something for professional photographers too.”
Tag & Go, Simply Tap to Share Memories
As with all of Samsung’s 2014 SMART cameras, the NX mini features advanced Wi-Fi and NFC integration that makes it seamless to share images. Exclusive to Samsung, Tag & Go connectivity allows the NX mini to pair with NFC-enabled devices, such as smartphones or tablets, simply by touching the two together. Once paired, you can:
· Select and transfer multiple images to the paired mobile devices through Mobile Link;
· Send images on up to four devices with Group Share, eliminating the time-consuming and repetitive process of sending pictures to multiple friends;
· Control the NX mini via a smartphone with Remote View finder Pro;
· Use the camera as a Baby Monitor. When noise is detected, the paired smartphone is activated via an app, allowing parents to see if they need to attend to their child.
Additionally, extensive storage options are integrated into the NX mini and images can be uploaded directly from the camera to the cloud for an easy storage solution. You can upload pictures directly from the NX mini to both Dropbox and Flickr. Dropbox provides 2GB of free storage to new users, accessible from just about any device and with Flickr you can upload up to a terabyte of images. With all the storage and sharing technology built into the NX mini, it’s easier than ever to share and store beautiful images.
Specialised NX-M Lenses for NX mini
Samsung has introduced three NX mini lenses (NX-M) which are optimised for use with the NX mini body, providing a variety of options to meet individual shooting preferences.
· The NX-M 9mm F3.5 ED lens has an ultra-slim design and its wide angle makes it the ideal choice for those capturing landscapes and self-portraits. This lens also provides the optimum angle for taking selfies, ensuring the camera becomes the go-to choice for those looking to share the best of themselves.
· The NX-M 9-27mm F3.5-5.6 ED OIS lens is a micro-compact zoom lens with a stylish design and is small enough to comfortably fit in pockets and bags. This compact-sized standard zoom lens offers a variety of shooting options from wide-angle to telephoto shots, with optical image stabilisation for sharp results.
· With the NX-M 17mm F1.8 OIS lens, photographers can enjoy a beautiful bokeh effect which makes the highly detailed subject stand out from the surroundings.
You will also be able to use fifteen NX lenses with the device by using a specialised NX-M Mount Adapter (ED-MA4NXM). These lenses are sold separately.