Today, Mextures, the award winning iPhone app that revolutionized photo texture overlays, relaunches as a fullfledged photo editing app with groundbreaking social components. Mextures 2.0 users are now able to: fully edit their photos without the need for third party photoediting apps; share created texture formulas with others; deploy 47 new handpicked textures and experience faster processing.
“Mextures first launched as a texture overlay app and rapidly became popular, winning a top photography app of 2013 by Apple and Photo App of the Year from Apps Magazine. However, some users still had to edit their underlying photos in separate third party apps. No longer is this the case,” said Merek Davis, founder of Mextures. “I’m happy to announce that Mextures is now a robust fullfledged photo editor that integrates seamlessly with all other Mextures features. Additionally, Mextures users can now share their texture formulas with others. In Mextures 2.0, one feature we set out to bring was a fun collaborative element. We think our formula sharing captures this beautifully.”
Mextures is currently on sale from $1.99/£1.49 to $0.99/£0.69 but we have codes to giveaway – see our post here for more information.
The relaunch will be delivered as a free upgrade to all current Mextures users and will become the standard version for all new users. New features include:
● Formula sharing with friends and formula imports from others with the new Formula Manager
● Photo adjustments with Polish: 25 film presets, exposure, contrast, black and white, saturation,
fade, white balance, tint, shadow, highlight, and sharpen
● 47 new handpicked textures including a new, gorgeous Light Leaks pack
● Over 130 guest Formulas from 17 iPhone photographers
● Brand new Formula Packs: Black and White, Destroyed Film, Winter and Spring
● Graphic overhaul for a more refined and visually enjoyable UI.
● Faster processing/exporting of edits.
● A new inapp news section featuring tutorials, guest posts, updates and more
● An inspiration feed integration with the Instagram App.
“Mextures was originally developed to provide iPhone photographers with a way to easily make their images more compelling and beautiful,” said Davis. “Today, not only does beautification get easier, but Mextures makes creation collaborative and communitydriven.“
Image with Mextures app – ©Ryan Olde