We curate mobile photography and art apps here at TheAppWhisperer as we do images, only highlightlighting ones that are worthy of your time and experience and will allow you to work at a more rewarding level. The default camera software on your iPhone is fine for most shooting situations, however Hydra allows you a little more innovation. Hydra captures more light by merging up to 60 frames to make a single high-quality picture (less noise, more highlights/shadows) on iPhone and iPad. Hydra also goes beyond the 8-megapixel sensor limit, with up to 32-megapixel high-resolution images. It uses the latest evolutions of iPhone and iPad camera hardware, as well as the latest camera APIs and GPU rendering technologies.
Hydra provides 5 specific capture modes: HDR, Video-HDR, Lo-light, Zoom, and Hi-res modes.
• Hydra’s High Dynamic Range (HDR) mode is based on an alternate method that captures up to 20 images and that is made to handle even the most difficult lighting conditions.
• Video-HDR uses single-image tone mapping and device-specific sensor mode (iPhone 6) to create stunning videos.
• Lo-light mode removes sensor noise by merging together multiple images and amplifying light by a factor of 10 to provide a better image quality.
• Zoom mode uses real-time, super-resolution technique to recreate missing pixels from hand motion, producing 2x and 4x scale factors with more details than the standard digital zooming technique(*).
• Hi-res mode produces up to 32MP images from the regular 8MP camera sensor, providing finer details in captured image(*).
Hydra also features a photo gallery for reviewing images and their metadata, directly linked with built-in iOS photo album, thus avoiding duplicates and allowing to flag as favorites.
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Hydra currently retails for $4.99/£4.99 and you can download it here but if you’d like to try to be in with an opportunity for a free code. Please join our Twitter followers here, like us on Facebook here and Instagram here then post a comment to this post (so we can obtain your email address), perhaps you’d like to give us some feedback, tell us how we’re doing, what you’d like to see and hopefully, we will then be able to send you a code. All winners are selected at random.
We wouldn’t ask if it wasn’t necessary for the future of TheAppWhisperer.com.. More people than ever are reading TheAppWhisperer.com and we could not be more excited about that. We bring you ad-free journalism every day, so you don’t have to close windows and be distracted with advertisements. We specialise in mobile photography and mobile art and we value all of our readers, writers, contributors and viewers but we do have costs and we do need to ask for your help. We at TheAppWhisperer spend many hours each day, each week and each month to bring you this high quality level of journalism. We do it because we are passionate about it and because we want others to be as passionate too.
If everyone who reads our website, who likes it, helps to support it, our future would be so much more secure. Please help us by offering a contribution or supporting us with a monthly donation of your choosing.