Want to know the best and cheapest way to power up your iPad with must-have photography apps? Take a look at our favorites, all are free and offer the opportunity to maximise your iPad on a budget.
Foto Editor is about editing your photos with comfort. It offers complete set of basic image editing tools. It is a photo editor with an elegant user friendly interface. It is highly efficient and improves your photos instantly. With Foto Editor
• Gamma filter: you can perform the gamma correction of photos
• RGB balance: you can adjust the relative strength of R,G and B components of photos
• Brightness and contrast: you can adjust brightness and contrast of photos
• Gray Scale: you can convert a colored picture in a gray scale picture
• Sepia: you can create sepia effect in your photos
• Negative: you can create negative effect in your photos
• Mirror: you can create mirror effect in your photos
• Rotate: you can rotate your photos by 180 degrees
• Properties: you can view various properties of your photo such as size, width, height information etc.
• Take photos from within the application and edit them before saving
• It saves photo in original dimensions
• You can upload the edited photos on Facebook, Twitter and Picasa
PhotoPad by ZAGG
PhotoPad is a premium photo editing app designed specifically for the iPad.
PhotoPad capabilities include:
The Guardian Eyewitness
The Guardian Eyewitness app for iPad showcases the world’s most distinctive and provocative photographs, providing a daily, visual reflection of global events.
Developed by the most popular digital newspaper in the UK, the app provides free access to our award-winning Eyewitness photography series, which appears in full colour in the centre spread of the Guardian newspaper each day.
The Guardian Eyewitness app has been specifically developed to offer a customised iPad experience, bringing thought-provoking imagery direct to your device on a daily basis.
EZ Cam Lite – Remote Camera Sharing
EZ Cam lets you use the built-in camera on an iPhone as a camera for iPad, iPod Touch, or even a remote camera for another iPhone.
Make a wireless connection between any two devices using Bluetooth, WiFi, or 3G, then both devices can see the camera preview images at the same time and take pictures with the camera, including iPad or iPod Touch. You can be in a different place than the iPhone, but still control the camera, as if it were in your hand!
* High tech spy tool: Use your Apple device plus a friend’s device and you have a wireless hidden camera for all your top secret spying needs.
* Monitor/security cam: Watch the kids in the yard on your iPad without leaving the couch. Stream live video preview images and they’ll love it!
* Camera for iPad: Someday the iPad will have a camera, but until then we have EZ Cam
* Entertainment: Do something crazy, like put your iPhone on a balloon, and take pictures from the sky.
Moodboard Lite is the free version of the amazing iPad app that helps designers, decorators, artists, writers, photographers, and other creatives produce better work in less time. There has never been an easier or more enjoyable way to organize the things that inspire you. Upgrade to Moodboard Pro for more great features!
Photobucket for iPad
The Photobucket app allows you to upload existing media from your iPad directly to your Photobucket albums. Looking for a quick visual extravaganza during moments of downtime? Check out our Find Stuff categories or search our billions of photos. Easily download images to your device for use as wallpapers, contact IDs, and more. Share your images with others via email, or grab image URL links to post on your blog or favorite social network. Manage your Photobucket albums and show off your collection in full-screen view.
Best on iPad! Welcome to Flickr Bubbles for iPad and iPhone – inspiration at your fingertips.
Get daily updates of Flickr’s most engaging images through a stream of calming bubbles.
This beautiful bubble themed visualization of Flickr imagery includes:
• Multiple layouts: stream flow, grid, list
• Ability to modify bubble frequency, bubble sizing and bubble motion for photo stream flow
• Full screen photo viewing
• Clock mode – great as a night clock with the photo stream
• Caching of photos for immediate viewing
• Options to purchase "Flickr Bubbles Complete" allowing for extended photo options and control. Personalize your photos with tags,users and groups.
DamotoriWide is a photography book by damotori with X-Pan.
1. Europe (185 photos)
2. Road (119 photos)
3. Corea (95 photos)
4. Asia (65 photos)
5. India (30 photos)
Colors Pro helps create stunning photos with selective desaturation effects, by dragging or simply selecting areas you want!
Less is More! Colors Pro is designed with a clean, easy-to-use interface and is highly optimized in speed so that you can concentrate in your artwork.
– 4 paint modes: circle, rectangle, lasso and finger brush
– Easily switched to Color or Desaturation mode
– Pitch and Zoom with 2 fingers
– Auto save and Resume session
– Unlimited undos
– Shake to undo
– Save your work to photo album
– Email your work using built-in email client
Geo Photo Explorer
Spend hours exploring the world through geo located photos. This application provides an easy way to explore, organize, manage photo galleries and share photos from Google Panoramio and Flick. Recommended for all virtual tourists.