As well as the great photography apps in the brand new Mac App Store, don’t forget to check out the music section. There are some sensational apps there, how about eMedia Guitar Method v5 and n-Track looks really hot too, of course there’s djay – the award wining iPad app too – take a look – you’ll love it.
eMedia Guitar Method v5
eMedia Guitar Method version 5 offers the most comfortable and easy-to-use interface of all, with lessons and instructional videos that expand to full-screen and special enhancements throughout. Your new software includes powerful, new interactive feedback on melodies and a full complement of helpful tools that take advantage of this new feature, such as the new Note Tracker and Finger Tracker, which show you what you’re playing in staff notation and also on an animated fretboard. This amazing technology tracks your progress through the song as you play!
Best-selling eMedia Guitar Method makes learning fun regardless of the type of guitar you own. Learn conveniently at home with over 180 comprehensive lessons covering everything from the basics through chord strumming, rock styles, playing melodies, and fingerpicking. Over 70 songs include hits from artists such as Bob Dylan and Steve Miller. Watch more than 50 high-quality, remastered videos featuring instructor Kevin Garry, Ph.D., including split-screens and close-ups of both hands. Songs and exercises can be heard either as live recorded audio or as MIDI tracks that you can slow down or speed up. Both guitar tablature and standard music notation are taught in a way that’s easy to understand. The excellent teaching combined with the powerful and effective technology offered in this method will get you playing quickly and enthusiastically!
• Records and plays back a virtually unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks
• VST, VST3, DirectX and ReWire effects can be added to each channel/track
• Volume, pan, aux sends & returns and effects parameters can be automated: you can "program" fade-in/outs, cross fades, boost the volume of a track when there is a solo etc.
• Live input processing allows to process with plug-ins live signals. Record the ‘dry’ (unprocessed) signal while processing and reprocess the recording later – i.e. play a guitar through a distortion plug-in then change the distortion after the recording
Simply drag songs from the music library onto one of the turntables in djay, and they become virtual records complete with album art. Drag the needle to step through the song like on a real turntable, or drag the vinyl to easily find the right beat.
One click — hours of fun. Let djay mix your favorite playlist from iTunes with seamless DJ-style transitions. Using the Automix Queue you can step in any time and queue up tracks on-the-fly.
… and more
• As-you-type library searching
• Export history of played songs as iTunes playlist or PDF
• Supports songs purchased from the iTunes Store
• Live Undo/Redo