If you have been waiting for Portal 2 to play on your Mac or PC now is the time. Geoff Keighley’s interactive app, originally an exclusive on the iPad, is now available to download via Valve’s Steam service for $1.99/£1.49. Link below.
The Final Hours of Portal 2 takes you deep within the top-secret offices of Valve for an unvarnished look at the creative process behind the new video game Portal 2. Journalist Geoff Keighley was granted unprecedented “fly on the wall” access to Valve to create this staggering 15,000 word multimedia experience. From the hush-hush Portal prequel that was shelved to the last minute scramble to complete the game’s story, The Final Hours of Portal 2 is a gripping and dramatic story brought to life by exclusive photos, videos, interviews, interactive experiences, and other surprises.
In The Final Hours of Portal 2 Valve reveals:
▪ That Portal 2 actually began as a prequel to the first game without portals or GLaDOS.
▪ The Directed Design Experiments created after Half-Life 2: Episode 2, including video of a never-before-disclosed project, Two Bots, One Wrench.
▪ How the story of Portal 2 evolved during development. See images and read surprising details.
▪ How it worked with Jonathan Coulton to create "Want You Gone," the closing song to the game.
Interactive Highlights Include:
▪ Play with portals in an interactive diagram where you learn how portals work.
▪ 360 degree panorama photos of the Valve office and design labs.
▪ Listen to the songs that inspired the Portal 2 development team.
▪ Hear Jonathan Coulton’s Portal 2 song in various stages of development.
▪ Puppet Wheatley in an interactive experience
▪ Destroy Aperture Science by wiping your fingers over the screen.
▪ Interact with fans and voice your opinion via polls and a feedback form.
PC System Requirements
OS: • Microsoft® Windows® XP Home, Professional, or Tablet PC Edition with Service Pack 3; Windows Server® 2003 or 2008; Windows Vista® Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise (including 64-bit editions) with Service Pack 2; or Windows 7 Processor: • 2.33GHz Intel® Pentium® 4, AMD Athlon® 64 2800+, or faster processor
Memory: • 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
Mac System Requirements
OS: Mac OS X v10.4.9
Processor: Intel® Core™ Duo or faster processor
Memory: 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
Other Requirements: Adobe Air needs to be installed