2012-04-23/Comments Off on iOS – Photogene for iPad – Updated
With Photogene you can easily browse, improve and export multiple photos. It’s a great companion to the camera connection kit. Photogene can open up for editing very large files and supports an export resolution of up to 21 MP on iPad 2 and the new iPad (max export resolution on iPad 1 is 8 MP).
– Support for retina display on the new iPad.
- Greatly improved resolution during editing (on iPad 2 and above).
- Now taking advantage of dual-core on iPad 2 and above. Save/export takes much less time.
New editing tools:
– Gradients. Add color adjustments or filters as gradient transitions (in the "enhance" section).
- Annotations: new tool for adding arrows and markers on the photo (in the "text" section).
- Can now rotate text boxes.
- New curves algorithm: makes curves much easier to control.
- Geo-tagging: can add or modify geo-tagging of photos.
- Textual watermarking (available with the GO-PRO upgrade).
- New filter: oil-painting.
- Fixed bug that prevented uploading more than 2 photos at once to Dropbox.
- Fixed bug when using "original filenames" with FTP.
- Improved stability throughout the app.
Joanne Carter, creator of the world’s most popular mobile photography and art website— TheAppWhisperer.com— TheAppWhisperer platform has been a pivotal cyberspace for mobile artists of all abilities to learn about, to explore, to celebrate and to share mobile artworks. Joanne’s compassion, inclusivity, and humility are hallmarks in all that she does, and is particularly evident in the platform she has built. In her words, “We all have the potential to remove ourselves from the centre of any circle and to expand a sphere of compassion outward; to include everyone interested in mobile art, ensuring every artist is within reach”, she has said.
Promotion of mobile artists and the art form as a primary medium in today’s art world, has become her life’s focus. She has presented lectures bolstering mobile artists and their art from as far away as the Museum of Art in Seoul, South Korea to closer to her home in the UK at Focus on Imaging. Her experience as a jurist for mobile art competitions includes: Portugal, Canada, US, S Korea, UK and Italy. And her travels pioneering the breadth of mobile art includes key events in: Frankfurt, Naples, Amalfi Coast, Paris, Brazil, London.
Pioneering the world’s first mobile art online gallery - TheAppWhispererPrintSales.com has extended her reach even further, shipping from London, UK to clients in the US, Europe and The Far East to a global group of collectors looking for exclusive art to hang in their homes and offices. The online gallery specialises in prints for discerning collectors of unique, previously unseen signed limited edition art.
Her journey towards becoming The App Whisperer, includes (but is not limited to) working for a paparazzi photo agency for several years and as a deputy editor for a photo print magazine. Her own freelance photographic journalistic work is also widely acclaimed. She has been published extensively both within the UK and the US in national and international titles. These include The Times, The Sunday Times, The Guardian, Popular Photography & Imaging, dpreview, NikonPro, Which? and more recently with the BBC as a Contributor, Columnist at Vogue Italia and Contributing Editor at LensCulture. Her professional photography has also been widely exhibited throughout Europe, including Italy, Portugal and the UK.
She is currently writing several books, all related to mobile art and is always open to requests for new commissions for either writing or photography projects or a combination of both. Please contact her at: firstname.lastname@example.org