This week we announced that we would be featuring a photo competition every single day within our Competitions category – maximising the opportunities you have to enter great contests and not to miss them. Today, we’re featuring Light Space & Time Online Art Gallery’s 3rd Annual Landscapes Online Art (including photography) Competition – take a look at the details below:
Light Space & Time Online Art Gallery announces an art call for the gallery’s 3rd Annual Landscapes Online Art Competition for the month of August 2013. The gallery invites all 2D artists (including photography) from around the world to make online submissions for inclusion into the Gallery’s September 2013 online group art exhibition.
Light Space & Time encourages entries into the, 3rd Annual “Landscapes” Juried Art Competition, from artists regardless of where they reside and regardless of their experience or education in the art field to send us your best interpretation of the theme “Landscapes”. Landscape subjects would include the natural world, outdoor scenery, geographical environments’ and related landscape subjects.
Winners of the “Landscapes” Art Exhibition will receive extensive worldwide publicity in the form of email marketing, 70+ press release announcements, 75+ event announcement posts, extensive social media marketing and distribution, in order to make the art world aware of the art exhibition and in particular, the artist’s accomplishments. There will also be links back to the artist’s website included as part of this award package.
Based on the artwork submitted to our competitions, they will be judged based on the following elements of artistic expression:
1. Interpretation and the clarity of the theme to the viewer.
2. Creativity and originality of the depicted theme.
3. Quality of artistic composition and overall design based on the theme.
4. Overall impression of the art. What is the effect of the artwork in general and as a whole? Overall, does the artwork stand on its own as a complete and outstanding work of art?
Contest Prize & Terms
There will be ten winning artists in the top tier, including the following; first place, second place, third place, fourth place and fifth place, along with five honorable mention awards selected from all of the entries. Depending on the amount and the quality of the entries received there may also be Special Merit and Special Recognition awards posted as well. There is no limit to the number of images that an artist can submit.
1. Selected images will be seen by an international audience of gallery directors, art collectors, art consultants and others who appreciate fine art. The winning entries will be exhibited and featured on the Light Space & Time Online Art Gallery for a one month period of time and then placed in the gallery’s Archives for additional viewing.
2. By being placed on the LST website, each artist will be able to show and promote their art, their artistic experience, along with their personal art website. In addition, the artist by being featured on the LST website, will have backlinks to the artist’s website.
3. After the art show closes for that month, the exhibition will remain in the LST Archive, for a limited time, to be viewed by additional website visitors and also available to be promoted by the artist through their personal art portfolio.
4. LST will promote the winning artists of each exhibition in an email promotion, online press release marketing, online event promotions and in social media marketing to art collectors, art gallery owners and directors and related art professionals.
5. LST will promote the winning results by posting press releases to more than 70+ online Press Release sites to announce the winners of each month’s competition. Each press release will detail that month’s exhibition and when possible, advertise the artist’s professional art websites. In addition, LST also promotes that month’s art exhibition in 75+ worldwide online event sites.
6. LST will also provide promotion to the artists in the Special Merit, Honorable Mention and Special Recognition categories by having them listed in the archive of the online gallery exhibition.
LST Art Calls are open to all AMATEUR and PROFESSIONAL artists, 18 years and older, worldwide (unless restricted in the call). Experimental and mixed techniques are also welcome. Only 2D work is eligible and each file may not exceed 1MB and must be in a jpg format. No images that were selected from any previous LST Art Competition will be allowed to be entered again.
The entry fee is $12.00 for two (2) entries or $20.00 three or more, up to five (5) entries.
See the LST website post or page for the deadline for this month’s competition and theme.