Photo Competition – 2013 Capture the Heart of America
Last week we announced that we would be featuring a photo competition every single day within our brand new Competitions category – maximising the opportunities you have to enter great contests and not to miss them.
Today, we’re featuring the mission of Silos & Smokestacks National Heritage Area (SSNHA) is to preserve and share America’s agricultural story. Photos submitted to the 2013 Capture the Heart of America contest must be agriculturally related and help to preserve this important piece of America’s story. Photos may be taken anywhere within the United States of America, except for the “Silos & Smokestacks Partner Sites” category, in which photos must be taken at a designated SSNHA Partner Site.
– American Farmscapes: From rustic farms to rolling hills of patchwork fields, the rural countryside holds a beauty uniquely American. This category captures this beauty through artistic depictions of farm and field scenes scattered throughout rural America.
– Life on the Farm: Farm life is characterized by hard work combined with a connection to the land. This category shares the story of the American farmer who helps feed the world, along with day-to-day life on the farm.
– Silos & Smokestacks Partner Sites: From dairy farms and museums to vineyards and tractor assembly tours, more than 100 Designated Silos & Smokestacks National Heritage Area Partner Sites are sharing their own part of America’s agricultural story in a 37-county region of Northeast Iowa. This category lets visitors share their experience at Heritage Area Partner Sites.
– Celebrations of Agriculture: Steeped in culture, festivals and fairs have long been held to celebrate American agriculture and the fruits of the harvest.
From a state fair to a hometown rhubarb fest, this category commemorates the agricultural experience at countless events throughout the country.
– America’s Agricultural Industry: America’s agricultural industry has helped to shape agricultural worldwide. From the relics of smokestacks that once dotted the American landscape to the barges that transport grain on the Mississippi River, this category captures this important story.
To find out more and to enter this competition, go here.