Thinking about entering your digital art into The Lumen Prize Exhibition, but want a little guidance?
Read on for some handy tips…
For example an iPad painting, digital collage, photo-manipulation, glitch/fractal art or similar
• The formats we accept are JPG and PNG only.
• The file size of your image cannot be more than 1MB.
• Please note that if your work is based on digital photography, you must have used an app or computer software programme as part of your creative process. If you are unsure about whether your work qualifies, please contact email@example.com
MOVING IMAGE & TIME-BASED WORK
For example animation or video
• Work must be uploaded onto Vimeo or Youtube, and the link provided as part of your submission
• A still of the work must be provided, no more than 1MB in jpg or png format
• While the organisers do not have a time limit for the work, it is recommended that if your piece exceeds 5 minutes, you take a 2 – 5 minute clip of your work for the purposes of the judging process. If you are selected for The Lumen Online Gallery, you will be asked to provide the full length, high-resolution video in .mp4 or .mov format for the final round of judging.
For example creative coding, web/net art, interactive installation, app art or similar
Interactive work is welcomed to be submitted to the Lumen Prize. It can be submitted in the following ways:
• If your work is web-based you can provide us with the URL and a jpeg still image
• If you work is reliant on specific, purpose-built technology, you can submit a video demonstrating or explaining your work or project.
3D WORK THAT USES DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY
For 3D printed work, digitally-designed textile art or similar
• For 3D work created digitally, a video of the work from all angles would be welcome. Alternatively, a still-image of the work is also acceptable, with a clear description of how the work was created.
• On some occasions, it is possible to incorporate the actual devices used/work into our exhibition spaces, depending on size and cost. To receive more details on how we can help you show your work, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the specifics of your project.