There are some truly wonderful iOS apps to help you wake up in the morning. Many with more information than you might be able to handle first thing, but once you get used to these apps you will find yourself thinking why you hadn’t downloaded one before.
Just take a look at our top 10 clock utility apps and why not download one, or two maybe.
Night Stand Motion
Night Stand Motion transforms your iPad in a visually appealing and fully functional Night Stand with worldwide weather forecast, full screen movies, a flip clock and your private image collection as slide shows.
Introduction sale: $1.99 only.
Nightstand Central for iPad – Music Alarm Clock with Weather and Photos
With music alarms, a built-in sleep timer, weather info, customizable photo backgrounds, and even an included shake-on / shake-off flashlight, Nightstand Central turns your iPad into the ultimate bedside hub.
Wake up to your favorite tunes and drift into sleep a little easier with an included sleep timer that lets you play everything from music playlists to relaxing sounds to audio books or podcasts. If you need to get up in the middle of the night, just shake to toggle the included flashlight, and shake again to turn it off. And when you wake up, see the current weather conditions before you even get out of bed.
Clock Pro HD
Clock Pro HD combines all clock and timer functions you can imagine in one application.
✔ ALARM CLOCK:
The best digital alarm clock in 18 beautiful designs for as well landscape as portrait mode! The look and feel of the clock is fully adjustable. Choose your own foreground clock style and background. Adjust the brightness as you want it. Optionally display seconds or even fractional seconds!
✔ IPOD MUSIC ALARMS:
Wake up with your favorite iPod Music or selected alarm. You can let the alarm sound or music fade in gently and set the fade duration. The alarm will show a huge snooze button on screen. You can also adjust the snooze length.
✔ ANALOG CLOCK:
Simple, clean and effective clock with optional sound effects and old-style clock alarms. The brightness is adjustable.
✔ FULL SCREEN SUPPORT:
Both the digital alarm clock and the analog clock can be displayed in full screen mode.
✔ CHESS CLOCK:
The best chess and game clock on the iPad. Just put your iPad on the table and both players have an individual playing time clock.
Lifelike Alarm Clock and Weather HD
Lifelike Alarm Clock and Weather HD is the most beautiful alarm clock and weather app ever made for the iPad. Designed from the ground up for the iPad, it will look great on your nightstand and is also easy to use and full of clever features. Like gorgeous animated skies that match your current weather, a night mode that won’t light-up your room and super-sized snooze buttons.
Lifelike Alarm Clock and Weather HD is designed to look great in either landscape orientation (perfect for use with the iPad Case standing on its side) or in portrait mode (when used on the iPad Dock).
Alarm Clock HD Pro
The classic alarm clock pro on iPad! The HD version of the No.1 alarm clock app on the app store!
Alarm Clock HD Pro turns your iPad into a beautiful digital clock with gorgeous themes and an alarm clock that sings your favorite tunes. There is even a built-in flashlight to light up the darkness!
New feature: display live weather conditions and forecast for your location!
Living Earth HD – World Clock and Weather
SALE – 50% OFF INTRODUCTORY PRICE. Living Earth HD – World Clock and Weather gives you a stunning live 3D simulation of our planet at our current moment in time along with global weather, forecasts and world clock for cities around the world. A simple and elegant World Time and Weather app with the most realistic live 3D rendering of our planet available for the iPad & iPhone. A humbling view of our home in your hands or a strikingly beautiful nightstand or desktop clock.
World Clock for iPad
Are you still calculating the time difference? Now, you don’t have to do that over and over again. With this clock app, you can set the alarms for the different clocks in their timezones, simultaneously.
Touch LCD – Designer Speaking Clock
A beautiful LCD themed clock designed specifically for iPad and iPhone, packed with features, including,
● Spoken time, chime and alarms
● Full HD iPad support
● 3 configurable interactive panels
● Comprehensive alarm and snooze features
● Beautiful LCD theme with 5 color schemes
● Convenient world time features
● All device orientations fully supported
● Handy night mode feature
Speaking Clock Can Speak Time:
● When the screen is touched
● Each time an alarm sounds
● At a chime interval
● In simple, elegant and military styles
Gravity Clock visualizes the passage of time by the permanent destruction and reconstruction of the clock-face.
Every second the hand breaks numbers out of the dial and lets them drop to the floor where they get buried by the following numbers and eventually wither away to make room for the endless succession of time.
– realistic gravity/physics simulation, numbers fall as if they were real objects
– digital and analog mode
– in digital mode: 24h and 12h hour mode
– levitate mode reverses gravity
– night mode with reduced brightness
– change color of the second hand by tapping the center of the clock
– prevents iPhone or iPod touch from sleeping
– universal app supports iPhone/iPod touch AND iPad (in native resolution) in all orientations
– looks perfect in an iPhone/iPad-dock
Emerald Observatory for iPad
Emerald Observatory displays a wealth of astronomical information all on one screen, in a unique but understandable format. Information includes:
– Times of rise and set for the Sun, the Moon, and the 5 classical planets
– Times of the beginning and ending of twilight
– Heliocentric orrery (display of the planets in orbit around the Sun)
– Altitude and azimuth for the same bodies (one body at a time)
– Current phase and apparent orientation and relative size of the moon
– Current regions of day and night on a world map
– The Equation of Time, solar time, UTC time, and sidereal time
– Month, day, year, and leap-year indicator
– Daily alarm (delivered as local notification on iOS 4+ if app is not running)
– Eclipse simulator
– Displayed times are synchronized via NTP to "atomic clock" standard
– Uses iPad location, or the latitude and longitude may be set manually