Intego Backup Express goes beyond Mac OS X’s built-in backup capability, allowing users to back up their valuable files to external hard drives, DVDs, network volumes and more. For a limited time, Backup Express is available for only $9.99 (USD), a 33% reduction from the regular price of $14.99 (USD).
Users can back up any or all of the files in their home folder, or on disks or volumes for which they have permissions, and do so at the time and/or frequency of their choice. Users can create backup scripts and set schedules so backups run automatically, even in the background, or run their scripts with a single click.
They can run incremental backups so only new and changed files get copied. They can exclude files they don’t want to back up, and can keep multiple versions of files, or only the latest versions. And they can synchronize folders or volumes between any two Macs, such as a desktop Mac and a laptop.
Intego Backup Express can back up files from a user’s home folder, or disks or volumes for which they have permissions, to most media, including:
* Partitions or volumes on your hard drive
* External hard drives
* Removable media, such as USB key drives
* CDs or DVDs
* Network volumes
* AirPort disks (hard disks connected to Apple’s AirPort Extreme or Time Capsule base station)
* An iDisk (available with Apple’s MobileMe service)
* An iPod (if it offers hard disk mode)
* Disk images
Intego Backup Express offers the following features:
* Drag and drop backups
* Easy backup script creation
* Scheduled backups
* Full or incremental backups
* Multiple versions in backups
* Synchronization of folders or volumes
* Exclude files, folders or specific file types
* Fast, reliable restorations
* Backs up to all types of volumes, such as hard drives (HFS/HFS /UFS), AppleShare servers, Windows shares (samba), NFS servers, FTP and SFTP servers, iDisks, iPods, disk images and more
* Automatic mount and dismount of network volumes
* Backups can run in the background
* Data copied in its original format allows immediate recovery in case of accidental loss
Backup Express is available in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, and Spanish.
* Mac OS X 10.6, Snow Leopard
Pricing and Availability:
Backup Express 1.0 is available for $14.99 (USD), with a special introductory price of $9.99 (USD) for the program’s launch and available worldwide exclusively on the Mac App Store in the Utilities category. You can download it by clicking here.