One of our favorite apps here at theappwhisperer.com has just been updated. It now has improved memory management on iPad and a few bug fixes. This is a free update but if you haven’t already purchased this app you can do so here. It retails for $8.99/£5.49/download.
TPE’s map-based approach means you aren’t limited to a predefined list of locations, which often miss the places many photographers go. Instead, search for any place name on the planet or position the map pin exactly where you want it.
Advanced features including visual sun and moon search, automatic time zone and elevation detection, correction for atmospheric refraction and height above the horizon, ensuring that you have the best possible information for planning your shoot.
– Time and direction of sunrise and sunset
– Time and direction of moonrise and moonset
– Phase of the moon and % illumination
– Times of civil, nautical and astronomical twilight
– Graphical display on a map (Map, Satellite, Hybrid and Topo views)
– Movable map pins – drag and drop the pin exactly where you need it
– Compass display built-in for scouting in the field (on compatible devices)
– Save any location you want – no fixed lists
– Does not require network connection for rise/set time, azimuths and sun/moon position