This is a really inspiring app and it has just been updated with push notifications too. Rough Guides’ photographers have been travelling the world for years, their mission to capture the essence of a place, its people, its sights and monuments, its heart and soul. This app showcases the best of what they have seen on their travels: amazing festivals and celebrations; remote paradises; people at work and at play; powerful art and amazing architecture. Overall, their objective has been to document the sheer richness and pleasure of the world at large.
This is a free app and you can download it here. Check out the features below.
An evocative gallery of hundreds of Rough Guides amazing photographs.
• Updated with new photographs every few weeks, so each time you open the app, look out for the new pictures.
• Browse the location of all of the images on a map of the world (requires internet connection).
• Each image includes an extended caption, penned by Rough Guides’ team of writers and locally based correspondents, evoking the essence of the picture and the place.
• Share links to specific images with your friends and family via email, Twitter or Facebook.
• Create a list of your favourite images so that they are easy to navigate back to whenever you want.
• Download any of the images as a wallpaper.
• Features a slideshow control that lets you view all the images one after the other.
• If you want to find out more about any of the destinations.
This single application can be installed on both the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.