Amercian Photo has just launched on the iPad, it is the re-imagined and re-designed digital version of American Photo magazine. It has ALL the same content as the print magazine, along with special iPad-only features.
Among the goodies we cooked up for this, the January/Feburary issue, you’ll find:
- Images of the Year winners
- Ron Haviv’s up close and personal account of riding into Tripoli with rebels as they stormed the city
- A cultural history of Polaroid and its genius founder Edwin Land
- A gorgeous photographic travelogue from Burma shot entirely in infrared
- Tim Mantoani’s portraits of William Wegman, Rodney Smith and more.
- John Fulton’s shots from a machine gun festival in Kentucky
- New books from Howard Schatz and Eliott Erwitt
- Upcoming gallery shows around the country - Reviews of cameras, printers and lenses
- A creative way to transport a rhinoceros
This initial app is free and a one year content subscription is available for $11.99, or you can take up the monthly subscription for £1.99.
How Does The Subscription Work?
To get a full issue, enter the in-app store and buy the current issue for $4.99, back issues for $2.99 or a one-year subscription for US$11.99! (prices vary in other currencies)