Waze is a free social mobile app that enables drivers to build and use live maps, real-time traffic updates and turn-by-turn navigation for an optimal commute. 100% powered by users the more you drive the better it gets.
When you download Waze, you not only get a free traffic & navigation app, but also become part of the local driving community in your area, joining forces with other drivers nearby to outsmart traffic, save time, and improve everyone’s daily commute.
This app has just been updated and unnecessary permissions have been removed. If you haven’t downloaded this app yet, then do so here and check out the awesome features below.
* Live community-contributed traffic information and road reports + notification when approaching police traps, speed cams, heavy traffic or hazards on the road
* Free traffic by-passing navigation featuring voice-guided, turn-by-turn guidance
* A 100% live map + real-time road monitoring & automatic re-routing as conditions on the road change
* Ability to create or join local driving groups, plus the option to link up with other drivers for carpooling
* Foursquare, Twitter & Facebook integrations, plus fun, geo-gaming elements
How Does It Work?
After typing in your destination address, just drive with the app open on your phone to passively contribute traffic and other road data, but you can also take a more active role by sharing road reports on accidents, police traps, or any other hazards along the way, helping to give other users in the area a ‘heads-up’ about what’s to come.