PhotoToaster is hugely popular in the iOS photography world and rightly so. It’s an excellent app that brings so much to your photographs. PhotoToaster provides a deep toolbox of photo corrections, then adds fast non-destructive image adjustments and provides three different ways to adjust them. The Toaster can do everything from crop, simple lighting adjustments and color corrections to elaborate multi-layer composite effects and noise reduction.
Today, it’s better than ever before, this update is version 3.0 and it brings with it some huge improvements to Photo Adjustments, Photo Management Improvements and tons of miscellaneous tweaks.
This is a free update, if you have previously downloaded PhotoToaster, if not you can purchase it here. It retails for $0.99/£0.69 as it’s currently on sale.
‘If you’re serious about iPhone Photography, then you must add PhotoToaster to your iOS app arsenal’ – Joanne Carter, theappwhisperer.com
Check out all the new features below:
What’s New? – Photo Adjustments
– Professional level control over different lighting ranges
- Lighten Shadows, Recover Highlights, Lighten Midtones
- Intensity adjustment to create dramatic effects
- Blacks adjustment
- New and modified presets that use the new settings including Clarify, Bleach Bypass, Sketch, Dynamic HDR, Dramatic
Professional level lighting adjustments can lighten shadows and recover highlights without affecting other parts of the image. They can be used to save a poorly lit photo or to create dynamic effects. New intensity and midtone controls provide more creative control to create awesome photos. A new blacks adjustment makes for richer contrast than ever before.
Noise reduction using sophisticated filtering algorithms
– Remove noise or smooth skin imperfections
Sophisticated Noise Reduction can reduce the unwanted grainy or speckled look common in low light camera-phone photos.
What’s New – Photo Management Improvements
– Recent List that stores recent edit sessions for easy retrieval
- Support for saving and viewing location, exif and other image metadata
- Select specific photo albums during save
- Automatically save originals of camera photos to library
A recent edits list allows for resuming of recent edit sessions. Save to album enables saving in the albums of your choice. There is also complete EXIF data support and a photo info display of when and where a photo was shot as well as the finer details like ISO, focal length, shutter speed, etc.
What’s New? – Miscellaneous Improvements
– Several adjustments were made twice as fast
– Rule of thirds crop grid
– More Crop aspect ratios
– Finer control over sharpen
– Higher resolution borders
– Soft focus vignette honors main adjustment settings
– Load full size camera kit imported images on iPad
– Direct printing to AirPrint capable printers