The Photographer’s Ephemeris (TPE) helps you plan outdoor photography shoots in natural light, particularly landscape and urban scenes. It’s a map-centric sun and moon calculator: see how the light will fall on the land, be it day or night, for any location on earth.
This app has just been updated, check out What’s New below. This is a free update if you have previously downloaded this app, if not you can download it here. It retails for $8.99/£5.99/download.
Plus, all the new features from 2.2:
- Shadow lengths and direction shown to scale on map
– Dates/Events page shows key celestial events for the year
- New crescent moon visibility
- Help overlays for new and upgrading users
– Coordinate entry in location edit screen now respects device locale settings (e.g. in French, coordinates are entered using comma separators for decimal values)
- Today now goes to today in the timezone of the current red pin location (previously was always UTC)
- UI refinements, corrections A few things have moved around in the app with this update
– please take a look at the help overlays to see what’s changed.