The Guardian Eyewitness app for iPad showcases the world’s most striking and beautiful photographs, providing a daily, visual reflection of global events.
The Guardian Eyewitness has been developed to offer a customised iPad experience, bringing thought-provoking imagery direct to your device on a daily basis.
Created by the same team that developed the Guardian iPhone app and the Guardian iPad edition, the app offers:
• Rolling access to the latest 100 images from our award-winning photography series – free
• Custom designed interface built specifically to take advantage of the iPad
• ‘Pro tips’ written by our award-winning photography team to offer technical insights
• Photographic EXIF data, when available
• View collections as a slideshow and thumbnails
• Ability to save photos as favourites and share them via email, Twitter and Facebook
• Pixel-perfect retina display images for new iPads
• Optional auto-renewable subscription for extra daily photographs
This update now includes the removal of Eyewitness Premium – this was an auto-renewable subscription for $1.99/£1.49 per month which allowed the user to access over 100 additional photographs. It’s now possible to view all of these for free and of course the app is free to download as well. This update also includes the addition of a new archive feature too.
So, if you haven’t picked up this app yet, we suggest you do it today. Click here to download/update.