Samsung Mobile UK today announced a network of retail collaborations across West London’s fashion, beauty, food and lifestyle communities, to mark the opening of its new temporary pop-up space, the Samsung Galaxy Studio, located on Portobello Road. From tomorrow, members of the public will have the chance to visit the Samsung Galaxy Studio, and experience for themselves Samsung’s brand new mobile devices – the Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy Gear, Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 edition) and Galaxy Tab 3 Kids.
Visitors to London’s Portobello Road between Saturday 19th October – Sunday 24th November, will have the opportunity to see the new range of Galaxy devices, perhaps for the first time, as the Galaxy Tab 3 Kids is not even available to buy in UK stores yet. When in the Galaxy Studio, visitors can enjoy hands on time with the devices and create personalised content, such as badges and postcards, and also receive advice on how to use the key features of the devices.
In addition, Samsung is working with eight retailers on Portobello Road to integrate the devices into their businesses, including;
- 10500 – Hair Salon: Customers can use the devices to create a scrapbook of their favourite hair styles that they find on the web. They can also view and make notes on digital look books featuring various styles and colour options. Fashion publication, MyMagazine, will keep customers entertained until their stylist is ready to see them, while their kids can use Galaxy Note 3 to draw and scribble on while they are waiting for parents to get their hair done.
- Coco – Nail Shop: Customers can browse and select a desired nail style from a digital scrapbook using the new devices. The nail technicians will take a photo of the finished painted nails and add them to the scrapbook for future nail consultations.
- Pedlars – Homeware: Customers will be able to view information about the different designers Pedlars work with, and can also research their purchases before they buy to find the item just right for them.
- L’Epicerie – Deli & Café: Customers can calculate how much everyone’s food and drink will be before they order, or just take their time to browse the web and check out the latest news on My Magazine while they eat and relax.
- Provenance – Butcher: Customers can find the perfect matching sauces or wine for the meat they buy using the devices. They can also browse recipe ideas while they are in the store and then email them to themselves.
- Coffee plant – Café: Customers can catch up on the latest news in My Magazine on the Galaxy Note devices while they enjoy their favourite cup of coffee.
- Kuka Me – Jewellery: Designers in the store will use the devices to collect inspirations for new designs from the Internet using the Scrapbook feature, and can then show them to customers. They will use the devices to customise existing collections while the customer is in the store, and also show them the next season’s accessories if they can’t find something they like from the current range in store.
- Mushroom – Stall: Customers can write down cooking tips and notes on the spot using the new S Note and email them to themselves, as well as create scrapbooks and lists of recipes containing the different types of mushrooms available to buy on the stall.
Simon Stanford, Vice President of IT & Mobile Divisions, Samsung UK & Ireland said, “Our objective in opening the Samsung Galaxy Studio on Portobello Road was to highlight the everyday functionality of our new range of Galaxy devices and support local retailers in the area in integrating this new technology into their businesses. We believe that with this new pop-up space and our collaborations with Portobello Road-based retailers, we have created an engaging and immersive experience for our customers to experience our products and see how they can benefit them.”
The Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy Gear and Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 edition) are available to buy in the UK from selected retailers as well as the Samsung Experience Store at Westfield Stratford City. The Galaxy Tab 3 Kids will be available to buy later this year.