RIM has launched a new update to Twitter for BlackBerry smartphones that adds features that many users have been asking for – including geotagging, which allows users to identify their location with their tweets; new language support; cleaner interfaces; new notifications and more.
New Twitter for BlackBerry v 1.1 features include
• @mention Push Notifications – Users are now alerted with push notifications to the ribbon when they have @mentions, helping users quickly reply to @mentions
• Direct Messages – Renamed “Messages,” direct messages are now threaded in the style of BBM conversations. Related messages are grouped together, making the direct message area less cluttered
• #Topic Autocomplete – When users include a hashtag in their tweet, a dropdown list of key words will be presented based on previously used #topics
• Social Feeds Integration – Deeper integration with Social Feeds allows users to perform Twitter actions right from Social Feeds, without launching the app
• Retweet Updates – Retweets now appear in the Home timeline with a tag of “retweeted by you,” quickly alerting users that a retweet has been sent
• New Gesture Support – BlackBerry smartphone users with a touch screen device can now refresh page content by simply dragging a finger down the device screen and releasing it
• Additional language support – New languages supported include:
Did you know? Twitter for BlackBerry smartphones has been downloaded more than 10 million times!
Twitter for BlackBerry 1.1 runs on BlackBerry Device Software 4.5 or higher and requires a data plan.