Based on the internationally recognized Montessori learning method, the app helps young learners develop their writing/reading skills by building words from a set of pictures using a Movable Alphabet. The app includes audio for each word as well as phonics (letter sounds), and uses 300 word-image-audio combinations to create tens of thousands of different crosswords.
As our App of the Day, all our regular readers know the trailer for this app will feature on every page of our site for a whole day. Just scroll to the bottom of this page to take a look.
* 300 different word-image-audio combinations
* Letter Sound (phonics) when a letter is touched
* Three levels of phonetic difficulty appropriate for ages 3 to 8 (as defined in the Montessori method)
* Level 1 displays simple words for beginning readers
* Levels 2 and 3 automatically create multi-word crosswords in tens of thousands of different combinations, encouraging unlimited repeat play
* 21 Fun and colorful interactive visual effects are displayed when a crossword is completed. Visual effects animate and change as they follow your child’s touch
* Also included is a Movable Alphabet that allows open-ended activities for young children learning their letters. Letters can be rotated and re-sized to add to the fun
* Choose capital or lower-case letter display
* Displays the total number of completed words