An incredibly popular app, djay winner of the Apple Design Award for 2011 has just been updated. There’s some great new additions and fixes, check out What’s New below.
This is a free update, if you haven’t previously purchased this app you can do so here. It retails for $19.99/£13.99 but there are no further costs to pay, ie no in-app purchases. This is an excellent buy.
Note to iTunes Match users: To play a track stored in iCloud with djay, please download it first by clicking the iCloud download button next to the track in the Music (iPod) app. You can also download entire playlists. djay has no way of accessing tracks stored in iCloud directly.
- Added new transition: "Echo Transition"
- Added setting for adjusting duration of start/stop effect of turntable
- Fixed loading error message in case track is not available locally (e.g. with iTunes Match)
- Fixed Automix play count is reset when opening Automix panel
- Change remaining/elapsed time toggle per turntable
- Improved performance and stability
- Improved FX (Gate, Bit Crusher) performance on older devices
- Fixed drawing issue when closing library with keyboard drawer open
- Added jog seek pitch bend mode setting for Numark iDJ Live controller
- Prevent screen dimming if iDJ Live controller is connected and turntable is playing