There’s a new iPhone photography app on the block – tadaa SLR, this time promising to deliver ‘SLR Effects’ to your images – well if that’s not waving a red rag to all the mobile photography skeptics and other mobile photography app developers out there, then nothing is!
Created by the team behind the popular photo editing and sharing apps tadaa & tadaa 3D, Nikolas Schoppmeier, CEO & co-founder, tadaa. explained, “we asked ourselves: what makes SLR photos so much better than iPhone photos? We decided to create tadaa SLR because we wanted to offer new and existing photographers on tadaa an intuitive way to shoot stunning photos with real depth”.
Users can snap an image or choose one from their camera roll and by painting around the object they’d like to focus on, the app’s Object Detection feature automatically detects which part of the image a user would like to focus on i.e. a person or object in the foreground. The app then applies a realistic looking blur. Users can then fine-tune the photo; re-focus, apply filters and other adjustments. This is all done in full resolution.
Like tadaa and tadaa 3D, tadaa SLR is connected to the tadaa photography community where users can set up their own profiles and share their photos. They can like, comment and repost the images they like. Images can also be shared to Facebook, Twitter and tumblr directly from the app.
Schoppmeier continued: “I’m a keen photographer myself, but I don’t always want to carry around my SLR. tadaa SLR is the ideal solution for those moments. It might not entirely replace your SLR just yet, but it’s truly amazing how powerful it is.”
• Create realistic depth of field and SLR-like Bokeh – works with any photo
• “Tap-to-Focus” feature let’s you focus on background or foreground AFTER you’ve taken the photo
• Breathtaking image quality of up to 16 megapixels
• Incredible level of detail – perfect round aperture blade simulation for beautiful results
• Make use of the app’s editing suite to choose from over 20 different filters or add a final touch with the cropping & adjustment tools