We have opened a brand new section at TheAppWhisperer.com today and it’s called ‘The Recipe I Can’t Live Without‘. Within it we are asking highly successful mobile artists to share their favourite mobile editing workflow recipe with us. Kicking us off today, is Vicki Cooper from the United States, check out her recipe below: (foreword by Joanne Carter)
Cooks: In 20 Minutes
Difficulty: Not Too Tricky
Genre: Super Portraiture Family Classics
1. Select a portrait from Pixabay.
2. Open the image in iColorama.
3. Select Style/Simplify #3 Level 3/Apply.
4. Still within iColorama, go to Style/Threshold to create images for masking for later use. Select #1 and #3.
5. Go to Input/Effects/Distort and use saved duplicate of image on screen. Select the setting within Distort that you prefer. Apply.
6. Still within iColorama, go to Tone/Cine #37 and select Apply.
7. Next go to Mask/brush, Mask/import. I used the saved threshold image #for this mask.
8. Next go to Tone/Cine 1 #19 and select Apply.
9. Go to Effects/Raise 1 and Apply.
10. Go to Mask/Brush Mask/Invert.
11. Go to Style/Water #1, adjust the settlings and select Apply.
12. Go to Adjust/Levels Adjust levels to your taste.
13. Go to Mask and Remove.
14. Go to Form/Mirror #1 Apply.
15. Go to Form/Mirror #3/Apply and Save.
16. Close iColorama and go to your saved photos and open last saved image. Go to edit and change from landscape to portrait and select Save.
17. Reopen iColorama and upload the newly saved portrait version of your image.
The Finished Portrait
Hello again…please donate
TheAppWhisperer has always had a dual mission: to promote the most talented mobile artists of the day and to support ambitious, inquisitive viewers the world over. As the years passTheAppWhisperer has gained readers and viewers and found new venues for that exchange.
All this work thrives with the support of our community.
Please consider making a donation to TheAppWhisperer as this New Year commences because your support helps protect our independence and it means we can keep delivering the promotion of mobile artists that’s open for everyone around the world. Every contribution, however big or small, is so valuable for our future.