We have opened a brand new section at TheAppWhisperer.com today and it’s called ‘The Recipe I Can’t Live Without‘. Within it we are asking highly successful mobile artists to share their favourite mobile editing workflow recipe with us. Kicking us off today, is Vicki Cooper from the United States, check out her recipe below: (foreword by Joanne Carter)
Cooks: In 20 Minutes
Difficulty: Not Too Tricky
Genre: Super Portraiture Family Classics
1. Select a portrait from Pixabay.
2. Open the image in iColorama.
3. Select Style/Simplify #3 Level 3/Apply.
4. Still within iColorama, go to Style/Threshold to create images for masking for later use. Select #1 and #3.
5. Go to Input/Effects/Distort and use saved duplicate of image on screen. Select the setting within Distort that you prefer. Apply.
6. Still within iColorama, go to Tone/Cine #37 and select Apply.
7. Next go to Mask/brush, Mask/import. I used the saved threshold image #for this mask.
8. Next go to Tone/Cine 1 #19 and select Apply.
9. Go to Effects/Raise 1 and Apply.
10. Go to Mask/Brush Mask/Invert.
11. Go to Style/Water #1, adjust the settlings and select Apply.
12. Go to Adjust/Levels Adjust levels to your taste.
13. Go to Mask and Remove.
14. Go to Form/Mirror #1 Apply.
15. Go to Form/Mirror #3/Apply and Save.
16. Close iColorama and go to your saved photos and open last saved image. Go to edit and change from landscape to portrait and select Save.
17. Reopen iColorama and upload the newly saved portrait version of your image.
The Finished Portrait
Hello again…please donate
We have a small favour to ask. More people than ever are reading TheAppWhisperer.com and we could not be more excited about that. We specialise in mobile photography and mobile art and we value all of our readers, writers, contributors and viewers but we do have costs and we do need to ask for your help. We at TheAppWhisperer spend many hours each day, each week and each month to bring you this high quality level of journalism. We do it because we are passionate about it and because we want others to be as passionate too.
If everyone who reads our website, who likes it, helps to support it, our future would be so much more secure. Please help us by offering a contribution or supporting us with a monthly donation of your choosing.