Apple have published a short video on YouTube demonstrating ten helpful iPhone tips and tricks that you may not be aware of.
We have published the video below and also an overview of each of the ten tips and tricks:
- If you accidentally enter a wrong digit in the Calculator app, you can swipe left or right at the top of the screen to erase the digit.
- Starting with iOS 15, you can pin content like web links in a Messages conversation by touching and holding the item you want to pin and tapping Pin.
- To stack Home screen widgets, touch and hold an empty space on the Home screen and then drag one widget onto another of the same size.
- To select multiple photos to add to other apps, touch and hold a photo until you feel a tap, drag the photo to another part of the screen while still holding it, tap additional photos with a different finger to create a stack, switch to another app while still holding the stack, and lift your finger.
- To create a text replacement such as “omw” for “on my way,” open the Settings app and tap General > Keyboard > Text Replacement.
- To open the Camera app without unlocking your iPhone, swipe left on the Lock screen.
- To scan a document in the Notes app, tap the camera button in a note, tap Scan Documents, and position the document in the viewfinder.
- Starting with iOS 15, you can copy and paste real-world text in the Camera app by holding the viewfinder over a document or sign, tapping the Scan Text button in the bottom-right corner, and tapping Copy.
- To jump to the first photo in an album in the Photos app, tap the very top of the screen.
- To quickly access Search and Siri Suggestions from the Home screen, swipe down on the middle of the screen.
Please support us…
TheAppWhisperer has always had a dual mission: to promote the most talented mobile artists of the day and to support ambitious, inquisitive viewers the world over. As the years pass TheAppWhisperer has gained readers and viewers and found new venues for that exchange. All this work thrives with the support of our community.
Please consider making a donation to TheAppWhisperer as this New Year commences because your support helps protect our independence and it means we can keep delivering the promotion of mobile artists that’s open for everyone around the world. Every contribution, however big or small, is so valuable for our future.