AppArt School – How to Capture steadier video with Action mode
With Action mode on iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro models, you can capture smooth hand-held video even when you’re moving around a lot.
- Open the Camera app and swipe to Video mode.
- Tap the button to turn on Action mode.
- Tap the Shutter button and record your video.
Action mode works best with lots of light, and the Camera will display “More light required” if the surrounding area is too dark. You can change your settings to use Action mode in lower light.
- In the Settings app, tap Camera.
- Tap Record Video.
- Turn on Action Mode Lower Light.
Action mode can capture video at either 1080p or 2.8k resolution up to 60 frames per second. It supports Dolby Vision HDR or, on iPhone 14 Pro models, Apple ProRes video formats.