AppArt School – How to Edit Portrait Lighting Effects in Portrait mode photos
On models that support Portrait Lighting, you can apply, change, or remove the Portrait Lighting effects in Portrait mode photos.
- Tap any photo taken in Portrait mode to view it in full screen.
- Tap Edit, touch below the photo, then drag to choose a lighting effect.
- Natural Light: The face is in sharp focus against a blurred background.
- Studio Light: The face is brightly lit, and the photo has an overall clean look.
- Contour Light: The face has dramatic shadows with highlights and lowlights.
- Stage Light: The face is spotlit against a deep black background.
- Stage Light Mono: The effect is like Stage Light, but the photo is in classic black and white.
- High-Key Light Mono: Creates a grayscale subject on a white background (on supported models).
Note: On iPhone XR, only the front camera supports Natural Light, Studio Light, and Contour Light.
- Drag the slider left or right to adjust the intensity of the lighting effect.
- Tap Done to save your changes.
To undo the Portrait Lighting effect after you save, tap Edit, then tap Revert to go back to the original lighting.
Note: To remove the Portrait effect from a photo, tap Portrait at the top of the screen.