BT has launched a free Android app to make the Phone Book available to mobile users.
Created by BT’s Directories division and developed by app agency, Grapple Mobile, this easy to use app helps you instantly find the business you are looking for, whether it is a local restaurant or a local tradesman.
The mobile phone application has already received unanimously positive feedback in the Android Market and currently has a five star rating.
To use the app, you simply type in an address or your current location and select the type of business you want. It enables you to plan your trip from start to finish, giving you full contact details, business descriptions, directions and customer reviews and ratings.
The new app has a wide range of features, allowing you to:
• Instantly find your location with GPS.
• Search for rated businesses from BT’s comprehensive business database.
• See search results displayed on a fully interactive map.
• See full walking and driving directions.
• View business web sites.
• Leave reviews and ratings for the businesses you have used and see ratings from other users.
• Contact businesses by e-mail and text, or call with a single click.
• Save contact details to your contact list.
BT says versions of the app for BlackBerry, Nokia and iPhone are in the pipeline and the app will also be pre-loaded onto BT Mobile’s HTC smartphones.
Nick Ratcliffe, general manager, Online Directories, said: “This is all about helping consumers to find the right local business. We’re giving customers on the move the information they need to make an informed choice about which local business to use, instantly. Putting all the detailed information at their fingertips, including ratings and reviews from other customers and maps and directions, is an invaluable tool for consumers.”