Apple have approved 20 iPhone photography apps today and they look great. Take a look at the list of updated apps below, I have included a ‘What’s New’ section within each one for you to check out.
The Hipstamatic brings back the look, feel, unpredictable beauty, and fun of plastic toy cameras of the past! The Hipstamatic keeps the the quirks of shooting old school but gives you the ability to swap lenses, film, and flash settings all with the swipe of a finger.
+ New toggle on the camera front to switch between High / Medium / Standard quality (Medium quality is only available on iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4)
+ EXIF / GPS metadata is now saved to the Photo Library (camera roll)
+ Fixed a bug where the app could become "stuck" in High quality mode
+ Fixed a bug where ‘High Quality’ mode on iPod touch was incorrectly scaling images up
+ Other bug fixed
Mosaicker automatically arranges and seamlessly blends multiple photos to create seamless panoramas.
Added auto crop feature.
Bug fix for very high resolution setting when processing longer videos.
CamKewl is all-in-one app you need for camera.
* More colors in Accenting!!
* ‘Movie Mode’ button in options table for iPhone 3GS and iTouch4. Blitz issue fixed in iTouch4.
* Help page updated.
* Bug fixes in Accenting and overall algorithm improvement. Hi-Res Retina Display icons.
Simple DoF Calculator
Simple DoF Calculator allows photographers to calculate the depth of field and hyperfocal distance for any given settings. It calculates the near limit, far limit, total depth of field, hyperfocal distance, distance in front of the subject and distance behind the subject. The app shows al those calculated values in a simple image without unnecessary information.
– Completely new interface with better graphics for the iPhone 4
– Native iPad support
– Fast switching between 2 cameras
– New cameras can now be downloaded
– Support for backgrounding in iOS 4.0
– View distance in front of and behind focus point
– Fixed crashes at startup on iOS 3.x
– Improved alerts on connection errors
– Bugfix for sometimes displaying the wrong circle of confusion (iPad)
– Fixed spelling
This application lets you rotate photos. Sometimes, when holding your iPhone at a strange angle and taking a photo, the orientation of the photo is incorrect. This app lets you correct the rotation of the photo, so you can view it correctly, or upload it to a site such as facebook the correct way up.
* Stability: fixed a crash that could occur
* UI Tweaks including a new Icon
* Ready for iOS 4.2
WiiPhoto is an amazing couch-photo-viewing app that turns your widescreen television into a huge digital photo frame. The Wii console connected to your TV, combined with the ease-of-use of WiiPhoto makes it possible to enjoy photos from a plethora of photo sources: your iPhone/iPod touch/iPad itself, Facebook, Flickr, SmugMug or a Mac (including integrated support for iPhoto libraries).
WiiPhoto offers everything you need to share vacation photos with family and friends. Or to browse through the photo albums of your Facebook friends. Or to explore today’s most interesting photos on Flickr. Imagine all these photos appearing on your television with just a few taps and without requiring any additional cables.
– modified Flickr artwork as requested by Flickr
Video Edit is the FASTEST way to edit and render videos on the iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 4G. Over 10x faster than iMovie!
★ The fastest HD rendering available
★ 10X faster than iMovie!
★ Significant user interface improvements.
★ Improved swipe to delete projects.
★ Ooodles of bug fixes
GPS MapCard 2
Easily share your photo with map.
∙ Faster upload a image.
∙ Some bugs fixed.
The Nikon Lenses app is a guide to Nikon’s current lineup of F-Mount lenses used by both Nikon’s digital and film SLR cameras.
Added ability to constrain displayed lenses to just DX, VR, SWM, ED, or IF flagged lenses.
Fixed crash when tapping on lens picture.
Grab hundreds of snapshot at a blazing rate of 24 frames per second!!!
Want to see the most interesting, vibrant and beautiful images on flickr.com right on your iPad or iPhone? Explore Flickr will show you this stunning photography from around the world in perfect high definition.
★ Compatibility with iOS4 on iPhone.
★ Bug fixes
Time Lapse Photo Journal Pro (Upload & Share Videos)
Time Lapse Photo Journal makes it easy to create Photo Journals of your life by taking and adding photos of yourself, or your loved ones. Then you can play back the photos you take over the weeks, months and years, as Time Lapse video slideshows. And the video can be uploaded to Facebook and YouTube to share with your friends.
Several bug fixes and performance improvements
Wirelessly transfer images to your iPad from your Eye-Fi card, Canon, Nikon or other filetransmitter that supports uploading to an FTP server over your wireless network.
• Progressview while receiving files from an Eye-Fi card.
• Receive photos from multiple Eye-Fi cards.
• Position counter displayed when new images arrives.
• Setting addded to turn off automatic jump to new incoming photos.
• Export selection list containing filename and star rating via E-mail.
• Added a setting to save smaller photos to the Photos app.
• Bug/security fixes
CinemaFX for Video
Record videos on your iPhone and give it the hollywood glamor treatment like our CinemaFX app for photos. Go back in time and create a retro 8mm home movie. Or if you are a fan of the edgy and rich toy camera look, for the first time ever you can create toy camera style videos and share them with the world.
Photopular – The Missing Flickr Client
With Photopular, you can view your Flickr.com statistics right on your iPhone or iPod Touch. (Flickr PRO account required)
– Bug fixes (when there has been no activity on your Flickr account in the last week)
– The graph is now refreshed automatically
Complete with smells of photo chemistry and sounds of mad science being made, your SwankoLab comes with everything you need to turn any image into a retro misprinted masterpiece. Choose chemicals, process photos, and experiment. You’re the artist / chemist / creative genius– have fun!
– New Chemical ‘Rasputin’ (for Stu’s Catalog subscribers)
– Support for Retina Display on iPhone 4 and iPod touch (4th generation)
– Background processing for developing prints (iOS 4 only)
– Prints can now be shared directly to Facebook from within the app
– EXIF metadata is now saved to prints recording the chemicals used (iOS 4.1 only)
– Fixes the Black & White (+ Blue) effect bug
– Other iOS 4 bug fixes
iPicasso – Picasa Web Albums Manager
Now you can access all of your Picasa web albums and videos with just a single tap. Manage your photos, view your friends’ pictures and videos and more with iPicasso. You are going to love how easy this app makes the sharing and caring of your Picasa accounts. Click “…More” to learn why you should download this App today!
– ability to edit and name Picasa accounts
– friendly message when Picasa storage quota is exceeded
– localization refinements
– fix a bug that would show portrait photos as landscape
– bug fixes
The FOODPHOTO FESTIVAL APP is the digital planer of the first international FOODPHOTO FESTIVAL October 2010 in Tarragona, Spain.
New map and screening photographers added.
New feature: FinderCam cleans the blue stain in the center of the camera when the picture under fluorescent lights by iPhone4. There are three levels of cleaning, please use the original photo to fit.
It supports also reading from the album, can be applied to photos taken in other apps .
minor bug fix
Photo Geo will allow you to review your old photos taken with the integrated iPhone camera to find out where the photo was taken. The iPhone has an accurate GPS and any photos in your camera roll that have been taken with the GPS enabled can be shown on a map with the Photo Geo. Easy to use. No extra tagging required. Simply select one of the photos in your camera roll and a map comes up showing you the location where the photo was taken.
Support for iOS 4.1