Finally, Imangi Studios have announced that Temple Run will be coming to Android on March 27th. We’ve all been waiting a long time for this moment with many fake apps popping up in between, there will be some very happy consumers out there. Temple Run challenges players to test their reflexes as they race down ancient temple walls and along sheer cliffs. With endless gameplay, players collect coins as they jump, slide and run to escape the evil monkeys guarding the temple while avoiding obstacles.
“We are excited to finally share the Android release date with our fans who have been so enthusiastic and supportive of Temple Run,” said Keith Shepherd, co-founder of Imangi Studios. “By expanding to more mobile devices, we hope to provide the same addictive and fast-paced gameplay to an entirely new group of players.”
The iOS version of Temple Run for iPhone and iPad boasts over 40 million downloads in the App Store since its debut in August 2011.
Temple Run Facts and Figures
• Temple Run is currently averaging 500,000 downloads per day
• In 2012, Temple Run has consistently ranked in the Top 5 Free Apps and
Top 5 Grossing Apps in the App Store
• Temple Run currently retains 13 million daily active users
• Downloads of the game doubled from 20 million worldwide in January 2012,
to nearly 40 million in February 2012
• Temple Run has been downloaded by 6% of the entire population in the
United States with 19 million total downloads in the country alone
• The game originally launched for $0.99, but was made to free-to-play in