AppArt School – How to Blur the Background with Portraiture Photography
To blur the background in iPhone portrait images, you can follow these steps:
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone and select the portrait image you want to edit.
- Tap “Edit” at the top right corner of the screen. This will open the editing interface.
- At the bottom of the screen, you’ll see various editing tools. Swipe left on the options until you reach “Depth.” Tap on it to access the depth editing controls.
- The depth editing controls allow you to adjust the amount of background blur. You’ll see a slider labeled “Aperture” or “Depth.” Slide it to the right to increase the blur and to the left to decrease it. As you adjust the slider, you’ll see the background of the image becoming more or less blurred in real-time.
- Once you’re satisfied with the level of blur, tap “Done” to save your changes.
Note: The ability to adjust the background blur of a portrait image depends on whether your iPhone supports the feature and the specific iOS version you have installed. This feature is typically available on iPhones with dual-camera systems or those with a depth-sensing camera.
If your iPhone doesn’t support the background blur feature, you can still achieve a similar effect using third-party photo editing apps available on the App Store. There are many apps specifically designed for adding depth and blurring the background in photos. Some popular options include Adobe Photoshop Express, Snapseed, and AfterFocus.