AppArt School – How to Search for Photos on iPhone
When you tap Search in the Photos app , you see suggestions for moments, people, places, and categories to help you find what you’re looking for, or rediscover an event you forgot about. You can also type a keyword into the search field—for example, a person’s name, date, or location—to help you find a specific photo.
Tap Search, then tap the search field at the top of the screen to search by any of the following:
- Date (month or year)
- Place (city or state)
- Business names (museums, for example)
- Category (beach or sunset, for example)
- Events (sports games or concerts, for example)
- A person identified in your People album (see Find and identify people in Photos)
- Text (an email address or phone number, for example)
- Caption (see See photo and video information)
- The person who added the photo to the library (see Set up or join an iCloud Shared Photo Library in Photos on iPhone)
Tip: Looking for something more specific? Refine your search with multiple keywords—simply keep adding keywords until you find the right photo. Search also suggests keywords to add to your search.