Kingston has just announced the launch of the Wi-Drive in the UK. It has been built to address the ever-increasing storage needs of the iPad, iPod Touch and iPhone.
The Wi-Drive is a wireless, Flash memory based portable storage solution, allowing users to expand the number of documents, images, music and video files they can access from Apple devices. The combination of this storage expansion, file sharing and a rugged portable form factor makes it a perfect companion device.
“Wi-Drive allows Apple device owners to wirelessly manage document and media files, and choose to share them with others, while on the go for work or pleasure,” said Krystian Jaroszynski, European Product Marketing Manager – Flash, Kingston. “This unique functionality, combined with the durability of a Flash memory based device, will satisfy both casual users and the most discerning technophiles.”
To begin using Wi-Drive with any of the compatible Apple products, users simply drag and drop files from their desktop or laptop to Wi-Drive via USB cable, similar to a typical USB Flash drive data transfer. Users then download the Wi-Drive application from the App Store before connecting the Wi-Drive to their device.
Kingston offers Wi-Drive in both 16GB and 32GB sizes and the product will be available only at Apple Premium Resellers such as: Cancom, solutions inc., Square Group, Farpoin, Western Computer, MCC Group, Micro Anvika stores and online at Ebuyer.
The 16GB version retails for £89 and the 32GB for £119 – both including VAT
- Capacities*: 16GB, 32GB
- Dimensions: 121.5mm x 61.8mm x 9.8mm
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 122°F (0°C to 50°C)
- Storage Temperature: 14°F to 185°F (-10°C to 70°C)
- Wireless Network Interface: Wi-Fi 802.11g/n with wireless security (WPA/WEP)
- Rechargeable Battery: up to four hours of continuous use
- Cable: Mini-USB to USB cable included. User can upload files and content from their desktop or laptop to the Wi-Drive using the USB cable
- Portable: Uses Flash-based technology for durability and reliability
- Convenient: pocket-sized for easy transportability
- Simple: just plug into a USB port
- Guaranteed: one-year warranty
- App: downloadable at Apple’s App Store
- Compatible with: iPad, iPhone 3G/3GS/4, iPod touch (3G is limited to iOS 4.2.1+)
- Configurable APN (access point name) and Key functions to connect to Wireless Access Point (Internet Connection)
- Supported File Formats:
- Audio: AAC, MP3, WAV
- Video: m4v, mp4, mov, Motion JPEG (M-JPEG), AVI
- Image: jpg, bmp, tiff
- Document: pdf, doc, docx, ppt, pptx, txt, rtf, xls