Welcome once again to our Daily App Giveaway section of theappwhisperer. We value our readers so much and that’s why we want to share our love of apps with you. Each day we give away free apps, better make us your home page 😉
Sun Surveyor predicts Sun & Moon positions (azimuth, altitude, time) with a 3D Compass, Map View, Augmented Reality View and a Details Ephemeris. Sun Surveyor is useful for film and photo location scouting, architecture, solar panel positioning, gardening, real estate, film grips, Earth Science geekery, and more! Plan for every sunrise and sunset! This popular app is finally here for iOS. This app works on the iPhone 4, 4S and iPad 2 and 3.
You can read more about this app below but would you like to try it for free? If so, like us on Facebook (see bottom of home page), join our ever expanding Twitter followers, RETWEET THIS POST and send a reply to the bottom of this page telling us what you love most about theappwhisperer.com. We will select winners at random from the selection of codes that we have and send them directly to your email box.
– Sun & Moon Bearing and Altitude, Sunrise & Sunset, Shadow Ratio, Moon Rise & Set, Moon Phase & Illumination %, Twilight Times (Civil, Nautical, Astronomical), Summer and Winter Solstice Paths, Golden Hour and Blue Hour Times, Solar Noon
– 3D Compass – A 3D projection of Sun and Moon positions and events overlaid onto a compass representing the device’s bearing and orientation in the world
– Augmented Reality View – View through the device’s camera, visualize where the sun and moon will be in the sky, or when they will move behind a building
– Map View – A top-down view of Sun and Moon event positions overlaid onto an interactive map
– Time Machine Slider – Visualize events for a single day, or watch the days get longer and shorter and the Moon’s path get further and closer throughout a year
– Offline Usage (excludes Map View)
– Enter Coordinates, Save & Load Locations with no data connection or GPS available
– Send screenshots and details - Sun shadow ratio and projection, visualize the shadows cast from the Sun
– Local, Auto-Detect and Manual TimeZone selection
– Compensation for Magnetic Declination