We’re gearing up to the live Press Conference of the hot new smartphone from Nokia, the Lumia 928 which will officially be launched at an exclusive London venue in approximately 20 minutes.
We’ll keep you informed of details from conference throughout the morning and will link directly to the webcast in full on completion. To be honest, the spec and details of this handset are now well known but just in case you’re not aware, I can tell you that it’s very similar to the Lumia 920 but is slightly lighter in weight. It features an 8.7 MP camera with wide angle Carl Zeiss lens as well as a powerful Xenon flash and 1.5 GHz dual core processor. It’s all Windows inside, powered by Windows Phone 8 and it’s available in white or black from Thursday this week (16th May) at Verizon Wireless stores.
- Display: 4.5 inch WXGA HD OLED; Resolution 1280 x 768, Aspect Ratio 15:9, Pixel Density 334 ppi; ClearBlack display, Sunlight Readability Enhancement (SRE), High Brightness Mode (HBM); Luminance 300 nits (nominal max), 500 nits (High Brightness Mode); Color depth 24 bit, 16M colors, refresh rate 60Hz; Super-sensitive capacitive touch enables interacting with the display with gloves and long fingernails; Display active area: 58.37 mm x 97.28 mm; 2.5D Corning® Gorilla® Glass 2
- Battery: Integrated 2000mAh battery, Li-po, BV 4-NW
- Processor:1.5GHz dual core, Qualcomm MSM8960+WTR
- Main Camera: PureView 8.7MP Auto Focus with Carl Zeiss Tessar f/2.0, 26mm True 16:9 optics, 1.4 sensor; Optical Image stabilization; Xenon Flash for Still Images, 1.4 sensor; Optical Image stabilization; Xenon Flash for Still Images; LED for Video; HD 1080p Video Capture @ 30 fps
- Front facing camera: 720p HD video and 1.2MP still images
- Memory: 1 GB RAM; 32GB internal memory (formatted capacity is less); 7GB free in SkyDrive with additional storage via subscription