We are all getting incredibly excited because this week the long awaited iPad Pro Arrives in Over 40 Countries Including the US, UK, China & Japan! The iPad Pro will be available to order online on Wednesday, November 11 from Apple.com (here) and will arrive at Apple’s retail stores, select carriers and Apple Authorised Resellers starting later this week (if you prefer to shop at B&H who are an incredibly good reseller, please click here). Apple Pencil and Apple’s new Smart Keyboard, also available to order on Wednesday, bring breakthrough levels of precision and utility to iPad Pro.
“The early response to iPad Pro from app developers and our customers has been incredible, and we’re excited to get iPad Pro into the hands of customers around the world this week,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. “iPad Pro is the most powerful iPad we’ve ever made, giving users the ability to be even more creative and more productive with the epic 12.9-inch Retina display, powerful 64-bit A9X chip and groundbreaking Apple Pencil and new Smart Keyboard. We can’t wait to see what they do with iPad Pro.”
The new, larger iPad Pro features a stunning 12.9-inch Retina display with 5.6 million pixels, the most ever in an iOS device, and groundbreaking performance with the new 64-bit A9X chip, rivaling most portable PCs. It is thin, light and delivers all-day 10-hour battery life* that users have come to expect from iPad. Apple Pencil for iPad Pro makes drawing and sketching feel remarkably fluid and natural, and delivers incredible accuracy for activities like fine art illustration and detailed 3D design. A built-in Lightning connector on Apple Pencil makes for quick and easy pairing and charging. Apple’s new Smart Keyboard further extends the utility of iPad Pro, offering a full-sized keyboard in a thin, durable design so you can take it anywhere. The Smart Keyboard attaches to iPad Pro’s innovative Smart Connector port, eliminating the need for a separate battery, on/off switch or Bluetooth pairing.
iPad Pro has already inspired developers of the next generation of advanced apps for everything from productivity, design, illustration, engineering and medical, to education, gaming and entertainment.
“iPad Pro enables new forms of mobile creativity that will help transform how creatives work,” said Scott Belsky, vice president of Products at Adobe. “With the larger iPad Pro screen and lightning-fast performance, creatives will be able to take full advantage of Adobe’s family of Creative Cloud mobile apps. For example, the ability to manipulate a 50-megapixel image right on iPad Pro in Photoshop Fix and then send that image to Photoshop CC on a desktop, for further refinement, is the kind of industry-advancing collaboration that millions of Adobe and Apple customers will benefit from.”
“Creative thinkers worldwide use Paper as part of their workflow, designing everything from flow charts, to storyboards, to wireframes, to architectural sketches. iPad Pro is the ultimate platform for Paper, with a powerful 12.9-inch Retina display and A9X chip that deliver performance rivaling most portable PCs,” said Georg Petschnigg, CEO and co-founder of FiftyThree. “iPad Pro gives Paper users an even bigger and more dynamic canvas on which to rapidly capture ideas however they strike — as notes, photos, sketches or diagrams.”
“Procreate 3 is designed for iPad Pro to give artists a more immersive experience than ever before,” said James Cuda of Savage Interactive. “iPad Pro’s gorgeous 12.9-inch Retina display lets you create massive artworks: up to an incredible 16K in resolution. This new level of definition allows for large format printing and exceptionally detailed artworks. Procreate 3 is also built for Apple Pencil. Its remarkable accuracy, pressure sensitivity, tilt detection and palm rejection make Apple Pencil the tool we’ve been waiting for.”
“iPad Pro and Apple Pencil are the new pad and pen,” said Evi Meyer, CEO of 3D sketching app UMake. “With its simple use and powerful computing capacity, designers can leverage these tools to reimagine their sketching experience and finally elevate their flat work to 3D. UMake, iPad Pro and Apple Pencil finally empower professional designers to embrace innovation, along with their creativity.”
Pricing & Availability
• iPad Pro starts at $799/£679 for the 32GB with Wi-Fi model and $1079/£899 for the Wi-Fi + Cellular 128GB model and comes in three gorgeous metallic finishes including silver, gold and space gray and can be purchased at Apple.com, Apple’s Retail stores, select carriers and select Apple Authorised Resellers. All prices include VAT.
• Apple Pencil will be available for $99/£79 and Smart Keyboard will be available in charcoal gray for $169/£139.
• iPad Pro will be available in Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Cayman Islands, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, El Salvador, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greenland, Guatemala, Hong Kong, Hungary, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Russia, Singapore, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, UAE, US, UK, Uruguay and US Virgin Islands.
• New, Apple-designed polyurethane iPad Pro Smart Covers will be available for $59/£49 in charcoal gray and white. New iPad Pro Silicone Cases will be available for $79/£65 in charcoal gray and white.
• Every customer who buys iPad Pro at an Apple Retail Store will be offered free Personal Setup to help them customize their iPad Pro by setting up email, showing them new apps from the App Store and more, so they’ll be up and running with their new iPad Pro before they leave the store.
• Anyone who wants to learn more about the new iPad Pro or iOS 9 can register for the free workshops offered at every Apple Store.