Latest apps and updates to hit the App Store today…
Engine Room Apps Ltd today is pleased to announce the release of a creative iPhone app, Qr’t. Scan any existing QR code or generate a new one, then re-style it using Qr’t and share it. You can create branded, arty, funny, enticing or elegant QR codes instantly. Whatever your ideas for using QR codes, Qr’t is the genius utility that gives you the power to customise, create a buzz and make boring QR codes blush.
* High-speed QR Code Scanner and Generator, Easy-to-use interface to style stunning artistic QR Codes, Themed styles, backgrounds, foregrounds, 3D foregrounds, border templates and images or simply insert your own image from your album.
Supports various decoding formats including: Contact details (MECARD), Phone, GEO Location, Website url, SMS, Email and plain
Text copy and paste from the Clipboard
Auman Software, a design, development, and strategic consultancy focused on iPhone(TM) and iPad(TM) applications, today announced the successful development and launch of iSheetMusic, a revolutionary sheet music application. iSheetMusic, LLC hired Auman Software in 2010, to design and implement a mobile app that would allow users to access a vast library of "licensed" sheet music and render it specifically for the mobile experience. iSheetMusic is now available in the iTunes App Store worldwide.
"It is possible I could have created iSheetMusic without the participation of Auman Software, but I can’t imagine how many resources it would have required. The depth of skills, creative solutions and sheer brilliance that has been brought to bear on this project has exceeded my wildest dreams," said Matthew Sutton, President of iSheetMusic LLC. "Paul, Karen and their team are truly top tier in the work they do, the professionalism they bring to work. I will continue to work with them for many, many years to come!"
Open Door Networks Inc. and Project A Inc. ("We-Envision") today announced an update of their #1 classic art app, Art Authority for iPad, which includes new "Smart Resolution" (Smart-res) technology for quickly displaying high-resolution works of art. Normally displaying hi-res works requires the images to be either built into the app for quick display (impractical for an app with access to 55,000 works), or downloaded as needed (potentially slow and bandwidth-intensive). Smart-res works are originally downloaded only at the resolution needed for initial display, with higher-res versions then downloaded if the user wants to "zoom in" on a particular aspect of the work.
Art Authority’s Smart-res implementation manages the transition from lower-res to higher-res image by first zooming-in on the already-available lower-res version of the work, while in parallel downloading the higher-res one. It then fades in the high-res version over the low-res one, providing an additional "sharpening" effect. The implementation also remembers (caches) higher-res works after they have been downloaded so that they are instantly available in the future (for instance as user "favorites") and even while offline. High-res version of key works are built into the app (pre-cached) for immediate access.
KenigArt today is pleased to announce Camera FX for iPad 2 and iPhone 4 1.0. Camera FX is advanced powerful photo editing application for you iPad 2/iPhone 4 and your photos and images. You can take photos with the application or load existing from you iPad 2/iPhone 4 and then edit its from app and attach different effects!
Camera FX Features:
* Nice user interface for your HD iPad 2/iPhone 4 Display
* Smooth interface animations and sounds – app look really great
* Build in advanced powerful Camera to take photos directly from app
* 5 different effects categories (Contrast, Brightness, Saturation, Hue, Sharpness)
* You can adjust all effects by special slider to make effect harder or lighter
* You can Apply effect to photo and then attach other effect(s)
* See preview of original photo always when you attach effects
* Apply and cancel effects
* You can apply and mix unlimited effects and its combinations to your photo
* Save edited photo to your iPad 2/iPhone 4
Gamers young and old can now experience the incredibly entertaining and ultra- addictive gameplay of the classic physics-based game Gorillas for iPhone, with gorgeous graphics, enhanced animation, game field zooming, new game modes and individual or multiplayer gameplay bringing retro gaming into the 21st Century.
Created by Lyndir, the Gorillas remake contains the same addictive gameplay and competitive multiplayer action that ensured the original DOS game spawned a new genre of projectile physics games. High resolution graphics, weather effects, explosions, dynamic zooming, new game modes and world themes provide a slick, easy-to-use and modern presentation whether competing with the in-game AI or multiplayer and team modes.
"Gorillas for iPhone has been created to capture the acclaimed addictiveness and suspense of the original, coated with all the goodness and enhancements that iOS can offer." commented creator Maarten Bilemont. "New game modes such as Last Man Standing, Dynamic, Team and Classic ensure gameplay longevity, whilst Game Center support offers the challenge to play against other users anywhere in the world."
Easy to pick up and play, Gorillas the retro physics-based iPhone game, has already gained several 5 star ratings. It offers gamers an immediately rewarding experience plus a long term challenge and considerable repeat play appeal. Additional features include configurable or dynamically adjusted difficulty, retro audio remixes, slow motion kill shot replays, optional vibration and high resolution artwork for iPhone 4 and iPad in 2x mode.
With Cloudalbums anyone can exchange whole photo albums and synchronize them on all their devices using the power of Cloud Storage. With Cloudalbums’ new photo cropping feature, you can choose between different crop formats: 4:3, 3:2, 3:4 and 2:3 in addition to free format. Now you can easily change the order of photos storage in each album, and the maximum number of photos for each album is now 100.
These are some of the new cool features:
* New photo cropping feature. You can choose between different crop formats: 4:3, 3:2, 3:4 and 2:3 in addition to free format. Just act on different corners of the trimming frame and determine the size and shape of the cut you want.
* New photos reorder functionality. Now you can easily change the order of photos storage in each album. By activating the function of pictures reordering, a window opens that shows numbered thumbnails of the photos. To change the ordering is as easy as moving pictures in the desired position.
* The maximum number of photos for each album is now 100. Each album can be sent and shared with their friends regardless of how many photos it contains.
* Improved performance. The uploading procedure is much faster, so that you can instantly share each album with your friends.
Sleep Well isn’t simply an alarm clock; it represents a stand-alone mobile sleeping solution. The app allows users to create and set multiple alarms, keep a day-by-day sleep log, and create informative graphic representations of their own sleeping statistics. Sleep Well also lets users set and listen to a number of amazing sounds specifically designed to help them wake up effortlessly. The app’s alarm sounds can also be hand picked to ensure that users find the tones that are most likely to wake them up. Recognizing that education can be the best remedy, Sleep Well includes a dedicated feature, which helps users to learn about how sleep works, and why it’s important for us. Furthermore, the app provides users with an avenue to search out and purchase different alarm sounds right through the app as well.
Meanwhile, the app’s sleek design is simple and intuitive enough to ensure that even the least app-savvy users will be able to effectively use Sleep Well to its full potential. Prolonged lack of sleep affects millions of busy people, leading to missed alarms, tiredness, and the problems that go along with these factors. Because it’s geared to both wake users up and help them go to bed at the right time, Sleep Well is one of the few mobile alarm solutions that actually promotes adequate healthy sleep rather than simply giving users a jolt to get them up in the morning.
Independent game developer Impulsis Games today is excited to present Critter Quitter 1.0.7 for iPad. Stop an invasion of ravenous bugs! The new fast and furious, all-ages iPad game of defense and strategy is now available on the App Store. Call them berserk bugs, call them insatiable insects, call them pernicious pests, call them whatever you want but don’t call them to dinner. These critters are on the loose and about to eat you out of house and home!
Players must defend their delicious pizzas, cakes, pies and assorted goodies from voracious critters. Capturing the zany fun of classic Tex Avery and Warner Brother’s cartoons these colorful and humorous bug inspired critters fly, crawl and jump their way on to your plate. The only way to stop these critters is to bash, squish, and squash them into oblivion.
But you won’t have to do it alone. Each critter kill earns you juice and you can trade that juice for an assortment or wacky and wonderful, but dastardly and deadly weapons. Use these weapons or "power-ups" to defeat these invasive critters. And with such a wide variety of power-ups at your disposal, no two plays are ever the same.
Show the world what an efficient critter killing machine you truly are! Critter Quitter proudly uses OpenFeint and Game Center, so you can unlock fun achievements, shoot for the top of the global Leaderboards, and challenge your friends – all while racking up points.
Doctor Who WhoNews
Paul Gee has announced the release of WhoNews 2.0 for the iPhone and iPod touch devices. WhoNews collates the latest news on Doctor Who, Torchwood and the Sarah Jane Adventures from over 120 of the top Doctor Who websites every 15 minutes, 24 hours a day. This is coupled with a built in DVD & Blu ray, Games, Books and CD price comparison tool that tracks down the lowest prices for Doctor Who related goods from the top internet retailers.
Version 2.0 adds dedicated areas for blogs and podcasts and has increased the total number of websites scanned to over 120 trebling the previous number of news sources. Combined with the new push notification service which alerts Doctor Who fans of the latest news but pushing articles direct to their iOS device, WhoNews is the ultimate Doctor Who news app.
WhoNews keeps the user up to speed with latest news on the Doctor’s adventures in time and space. With WhoNews the user is guaranteed to know the latest news and gossip on the world’s oldest science fiction TV series. WhoNews has regenerated with brand new features:
* One universal app for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch buy once and use on all your devices
* Dedicated iPad mode for an enhanced browsing experience.
* Most recent news view – time ordered news from over 120 websites
* Off-line browsing – read the latest news at your leisure
* Super fast search of all news articles by using a keyword or phrase
* News is downloaded in bulk from over 120 sites. A resilient server compiles the latest news every 15 minutes ready to be downloaded by WhoNews
* Bookmark your favourite news for rapid access
* Email and post articles or DVDs,Games,Books,CDs on Facebook, Twitter, Google Reader, Delicious, Tumbler, Pinboard, Read It Later
* Merchandise Search, the cheapest Doctor Who, Torchwood and Sarah Jane Adventures DVD/Blu ray prices in the UK & US from all your favourite internet stores
* Search for Doctor Who/Torchwood/SJA Games, Books and CDs using the built-in price comparison engine. Order by release date, search on actor
* Over 30 UK retailers compared including Amazon, Tesco, Zavvi, The Hut, SendIt, LoveFilm, Asda, Woolworths, HMV, Play, BBC Shop, DVD Source, MovieMail, Game, Waterstones, Book Depository, Game Station, Foyles plus many more
* US price comparison from Amazon US, Betam Online, Deep Discount, DVD Magnet, CD Universe, Music Import, DVD Empire and Yes Asia
* Use the in-built browser to visit a news site or buy a DVD,Games,CDs and Books direct
Blue-island today is pleased to announce Halloween Defence 1.0, their new shooting and defense-oriented game for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. One night under a full moon, the pumpkins growing in an abandoned graveyard come to life. The pumpkins intend to attack the village. However, do not fear! For the protection of the village, we have already installed remote-controllable cannons here and there throughout the graveyard. Use the cannons to triumphantly smash the pumpkins to stop their raid on the village.
Produced using UDK by the EPIC company, ‘Halloween Defense’ is a shooting and defense-oriented game. Players can control a total of five cannons to repel the attacking pumpkins. Players can also use the SkyCamera offering overhead views of the ground from the sky to verify the locations of the pumpkins. Challenge yourself to a higher and higher score. Players can view their highest score record in the Start Menu.
Music Party DJ
Music Party DJ is now available in the iTunes App Store. The app helps get the party started by enabling users to share their playlists while playing music at parties or social gatherings. It also enables friends who are attending the event and listening to the music to make requests and tell the DJ what they really think about what they’re hearing by entering their votes. Music Party functions like a jukebox in the user’s pocket, showing not only the songs that are coming up on the DJ’s playlist, but also the DJ’s entire music library.
There are two versions of the app. Music Party is the limited version, which is the companion app for Music Party DJ. With Music Party DJ, users create a set list from the songs they have in their iPod library. Then they invite their friends to connect to their device via their local Wi-Fi network or Bluetooth. Friends choose to connect via the full Music Party DJ version or the free limited version, Music Party.
Users of both versions can vote on the DJ’s set list, request songs, and chat with friends about the music. However, the full version is required for those who actually want to be the DJ and play tunes for their friends. Both versions of Music Party were developed by independent software developer Synendo.
Synendo founder Marco Henkes says, "I wanted to make an app that was about more than just music. Listening to music is a social activity, but I felt that the other apps on the market did not do justice to the social aspect of enjoying music together."