We’re very proud to be Official Partners of Apps World this year, now in its 3rd year, Apps World has grown to be one of the leading global multi-platform events in the mobile industry. This year’s Earls Court 2, London event is set to be the biggest yet with over 5000 developers, mobile marketers, mobile operators, device manufacturers, platform owners and industry professionals expected for two days of high level insight and discussion. With 10 targeted workshop tracks, speed meeting, one-to-one meetings, parties, and awards the event will be tackling a spectrum of issues across the app ecosystem.
We will bring you all the latest news from the event including event listings, article coverage and of course newsletter inclusion and not only that we will keep you informed before the event of workshops, exhibitions and events that are all taking place prior to the start date too.
Five Reasons Why You Need To Be At Apps World
1. There are 5.9 billion mobile subscribers (which is about 87% of the world’s population) and over 300,000 apps have been developed in the last three years – the audience is raring to go and there are still plenty of apps waiting to be developed.
2. According to mobiThinking there have so far been 10.9 billion application downloads. Localytics found that one in four apps are never used again once downloaded, so how can you make sure your app isn’t one of them?
3. Application-to-person (A2P) messaging is predicted to take over person-to-person messaging by 2016 according to Juniper research, an industry that will be worth more than £44bn. Will this be the answer to lost SMS revenues?
4. 71% of smartphone users that see ads on TV, in magazines or online do a mobile search. One is seven searches is now mobile – how is your mobile strategy going to make sure your customers find you and not your competitors?
5. IDC reported in February that 1,546 million handsets were sold in 2011 which was 11.1% up on 2010. Find out how manufacturers are making sure that number grows again in 2012.
Who Else Will Be There?
Well we will of course, so you’ll get to meet your favorite App Whisperers but not only that, you’ll also meet these guys:
Digital Innovation Project Manager – Ernst & Young
Technical Architect – BBC Worldwide
Insight Analyst – Phones4u
Global Trainer Nokia Care Academy – Nokia
Principal Web Developer – CNBC
Senior Researcher – Jaguar Land Rover
Web developer – Boden
Technical Lead – Samsung
Senior Software Engineer – Google
Head of Marketing – American Express
Group Commercial Manager – Carphone Warehouse
Retail Manager – Pret a Manger
Digital Communications Manager – Visa Europe
Art Director – BSkyB