SugoiSoft made its debut on the Mac App Store with the release its flagship Japanese English dictionary, Jisho 4.1. This is the first Japanese English dictionary available on the Mac App Store that is not designed for native speakers of Japanese.
Jisho supports searching in multiple languages including: Japanese, English, German, Russian, and French. It also has the unique ability to convert the Japanese phonetic script hiragana, and katakana to roman letters making it easier for beginners to pronounce and read Japanese. Lists of words can also be made within the application so users can track forgotten words or any other vocabulary they choose.
* Dictionary includes Japanese, English, German, Russian, and French translations
* Lists to help users keep track of forgotten words and vocabulary
* Converts all readings to roman letters for quicker and easier lookups
* Full access to the database without an active internet connection
* Integration with OS X, allowing lookups in most applications with the press of a single keyboard shortcut
* Searching the complete database with wildcard
* Mac running OS X 10.6.6 or later
* 90 MB of disk space
Pricing and Availability:
Jisho 4.1 is only $20 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and is available worldwide through the Mac App Store in the Education category. A full trial and direct purchase version of Jisho is also available for direct download from the Sugoi Software website.