The Guardian Eyewitness app for iPad showcases the world’s most distinctive and provocative photographs, providing a daily, visual reflection of global events.
Developed by the most popular digital newspaper in the UK, the app provides free access to our award-winning Eyewitness photography series, which appears in full colour in the centre spread of the Guardian newspaper each day.
Each time you open the app it will download the latest 100 photographs for you to browse chronologically or save indefinitely in your favourites area.
Every image is annotated with a "pro tip" written by our expert team of picture editors, explaining the photograph’s technical and artistic attributes.
The app also features a video presented by the Guardian’s head of photography, Roger Tooth, discussing the newspaper’s commitment to photojournalism.
Double tap on a photograph to hide all tools and caption information and view the image in full-screen mode.
This is a wonderful app that looks spectacular on the new iPad. It’s highly recommended. You can download it here for free.
* Retina graphics for app furniture
* Count of photos in the popover menu
* Caption and pro tip text can be increased or decreased by pinch and zoom
* Added Slideshow options – loop and interval control
* Performance improvements for image downloads
* Now supports multi-tasking and background downloading
* Many small usability improvements and bug fixes