Top 10 Pregnancy Apps For Your Apple iPad
There are some wonderful pregnancy apps available now in the App Store. We’ve selected the top 10 to help you gain the most from this magical time. There are timeline apps, nutritional based apps, paternity apps, we’ve tried to include a really good range and variety of apps to make our Top 10 criteria.
We’ll also look at ovulation, period and menopausal apps in future round ups for those of us that are done with the pregnancy part. For all you others, enjoy – they are great.
Hello Baby Plus – Pregnancy Calendar
Just as your unborn baby is developing quickly, so is the Hello Baby App. This Plus version still enables you to experience baby development at simulated actual-size right on your iPad. But now you can also see a complete 360° view of certain images. You can even record your voice to hear what you may sound like to your baby in the womb. Now, you can also share baby’s developments with the whole family through email and Facebook.
Things you can do with Hello Baby Plus:
1. Double tap the baby to toggle between Actual-size View and Timeline View.
2. Enjoy a complete 360° view of a typical baby’s development on three exciting weeks of your pregnancy, weeks 6, 12, and 24.
3. Use the Womb Translator to record your voice to hear what you may sound like to your baby in the womb.
4. Share a typical baby’s development week by week on Facebook or, now, through email.
5. Watch Pampers video series for a little parenting advice and a lot of laughs.
Pregnancy Food Guide for iPad
Welcome to “Pregnancy Food Guide”! This application is all about the food in delicate process of pregnancy. This application tell you about which food you should follow, how you plan the diet, which food is to avoid, and how the food groups work in best for you.
The application is primarily divided in two parts; During Pregnancy and Post Pregnancy. Both parts start with planning and then they are followed by food to eat and food to avoid categories in which you get a through knowledge on food and the importance of healthy food for your delicate period of pregnancy and after pregnancy.
The application serves well as an instant friend for the women who want to follow up on food and get some quick knowledge regarding this in their pregnancy time.
Remember: This application is a food guide not a recipe guide so it doesn’t contain any recipes in it.
My Pregnancy Diary
Your pregnancy is a magical experience; don’t let this wonderful period become only a faded memory.
Let the memory be vivid, collect your thoughts, your sensations, your emotions, your fears, your happiness moments, and your body changes in your pregnancy diary.
Let our diary to come with you during the nine months of your pregnancy. With our pregnancy diary you can:
– Know your gestational day.
– Take a journal of your activities, your emotions, your important dates, as the first time you heard your baby heart, the first day you felt the first kick of your baby, or the first pregnancy clothes you bought.
– Add the pictures of your belly or of the ultrasound of your little baby.
– Read every week useful information about your pregnancy.
– Keep track of your body changes, from your weight gain to your belly increase.
– Keep track of all the health care visits you will have during the pregnancy.
– Use thousands of names to choose your favorite baby name.
This app provides you with essential information regarding your yet to be born child, while your partner is pregnant.
Best selling app for dads to be worldwide! Perfect gift for dads 2 be!
Highest Ranks in Healthcare & Fitness Category:
#1 Healthcare and Fitness iPad App in Sweden, Denmark and Romania
#2 in Germany, Ecuador, Hungary, Luxembourg
#3 in Austria, Chile, Quatar, Turkey and Venezuela
#4 in Israel
#6 in Malaysia, Norway and Thailand
#7&8 in UK, Philippines, Hong Kong, Ireland, Portugal and South Africa, Switzerland
#10-15 in UAE, Colombia, China, India, Singapore
in category Healthcare and Fitness in August ’10 – January ’11
Beside essential information regarding the growth and development of your little bugger, you will receive hints and tips how to survive as a man in these important 9 months period. Sliced in 2-3 bits per week it has the right amount of information for us men to follow. Maybe you could use some tips to make this time for you and your partner even more comfortable.
The Mini-atlas Pregnancy is the perfect pocket tool for physicians. With just a few taps on the iPhone, doctors can use the app to effectively communicate with their patients, showing them illustrations to help explaining the stages, physiology and pathology of gestation. All the relevant aspects of the process are included in great detail. Whatever you’re looking for, the Mini-atlas Pregnancy App has an image for that.
* A huge database of detailed and labeled images related to pregnancy
* Each illustration has an explanation text beneath it
* Zoom in with your fingers to any section of the picture
* Browse 5 different categories
* Easy search – just type part of the topic you’re looking for
* Email any image or section of an image you need
* Helps physicians to effectively and more easily communicate with their patients
* Available in English or Spanish localization
* Works in portrait or landscape mode
* Available for iPhone, iPad and iPad touch
The Milk Maid app was designed to help pumping moms manage their stash of breast milk.
* Record pumping sessions and quickly see your inventory of fresh and frozen milk in multiple locations. (Home, work, daycare, etc. Want to add Grandma’s house? You can easily add custom locations.)
* Milk Maid keeps track of individual bottles and bags by pumping date so that you can use the oldest milk first. Milk Maid is flexible. You can combine milk from multiple pumping sessions or pour milk from one bottle into multiple bottles and freezer bags.
* Record the bottles and bags used by you or your caregiver each day. Have a business trip? Milk Maid will calculate the average milk you used last week to help you estimate how long your stash will last.
* Set an expiration period for each storage location and Milk Maid will track the expiration time of each bottle/bag in your stash. Browse the stash to see containers that are nearing expiration or expired.
* Use Milk Maid’s optional features like the handy timer if your pump does not have one and the Left/Right feature to track each side separately.
MedCalc Pro (medical calculator)
MedCalc Pro is a medical calculator that gives you easy access to complicated medical formulas, scores, scales and classifications. Each entry has been individually designed and optimized for the iPhone screen. Running MedCalc Pro on an iPad reveals a user interface attuned to the much larger iPad screen.
The Pro version offers an exclusive patient management system which allows you to save and retrieve formula results, notes and images. Upon saving results, MedCalc remembers certain patient input like height, weight and a range of lab values. These values will be inserted on demand into subsequent formulas.
The next generation of baby book for the modern family. Preserve all your child’s precious memories in beautiful digital form with the first baby book designed specifically for iPad.
Sweet Baby captures video, photos and text of all your child’s landmark moments and collects them in a beautiful, and sharable, virtual book. Pre-loaded pages and fill-in-the-blank questions make creating your baby book easy and fun, while original artwork make every baby book a beautiful collection of baby’s earliest memories.
From Here to Paternity by Andrew Cullen
When his partner Kate discovered she was pregnant, Andrew Cullen decided to write the kind of book that he wanted to read but couldn’t find anywhere, one that was truthful about the man’s experience. His pregnancy diary, candidly recording the significant little details as well as the dramatic moments, is an ideal companion for anyone thinking about becoming a father… or a mother. "Pregnancy" is a story that embraces all genres: it is a romance, a comedy, a thriller, a suspense tale, a travel book about the most amazing journey of your life. This unique chronicle is an honest, witty, touching account about what a man really thinks about becoming a dad
Anne Geddes Beginnings HD
The Anne Geddes Beginnings HD iPad app is a visually rich tour of Anne’s captivating new book, Beginnings. Beginnings explores the parallels between ourselves and other miracles of nature, placing these complementary wonders side by side in an attempt to evoke a deeper appreciation of the simple yet deceptively complex beauty of our existence.
There’s a new pregnancy App. It’s called My Baby’s Beat and it’s brilliant! I’m in week 33 and I heard my Baby’s heartbeat loud and clear.
Baby Birthday is an amazing app that tells you when to actually expect your baby’s birth. It uses a combination of your due date, your pregnancy history, medical history, and physical exam to predict when the baby will really be born. It even checks the weather since big changes can affect when you go into labor.
Then Baby Birthday tells what your chances are of having the baby in the next few days, next week, next two weeks, etc. so you can plan. It is easier to decide when to stop working when you can get a good idea what the chances are of going into labor before then! It is much more accurate than just using the due date!
You should check out Sprout Pregnancy Essentials for the iPhone and iPad. Love the week by week images, doctor appointment tracker, timeline, great weekly and daily info. Everything I need in one app. Highly recommend!!
I’m waiting a baby and i have downloaded and I have bought very interesting application which can predict how will look my baby. It gave me in percents how my daughter will look like. I want to share it with you link to app is here http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mybabyface/id476364289?ls=1&mt=8
Thanks for this applicaton mybabyface i have searched that kind of application long time ago thank you very much
I’ve purchased Pregnancy Gestogram (by facemama.com). It has different versions for iPad and iPhone. It’s the best pregnancy wheel I could find. Now I know my baby’s weight/height, head size, my weight increase, and a lot of information for every pregnancy week. And all that in 7 different languages available.
Lot’s of stuff for pregnant couples. Thanks!
We’re using this one. It’s good.
Check it out. http://itunes.apple.com/se/app/pregnancy-log/id510184607?mt=8
I just downloaded myBaby3d on my Ipad. You can see each stage of development in 3d, it´s awesome!
Hi there – great article. Thanks.
I downloaded Tweekaboo and started keeping a journal of our pregnancy for me and my wife. You can invite your partner to join and its a shared journal where you can track your pregnancy in a private online journal format. Its a beautiful app. Very easy to use and it’s private.
I want to give them a shout out as they’re a new start up – so check out their website at http://www.tweekaboo.com or else go to the app store here https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tweekaboo/id440682407?mt=8.