Mobile Photography App Hydra 1.5 Brings Support for the Telephoto and front cameras on iPhone – We Have Promotional Codes!
Hydra launched in 2015, pioneering the new category of computational photography apps for iPhone, by introducing 32 megapixel images shot with an 8-megapixel sensor and HDR photos with a wider dynamic range by merging up to 60 images together. These features made it a great companion to the built-in camera app for iPhone photography enthusiasts. Today, Creaceed, the developers of Hydra have released 1.5, a significant new update to their HDR photography app. Hydra 1.5 now features support for the telephoto and front cameras respectively in Zoom and Lo-Light/HDR modes.
Hydra lets users take beautiful pictures even in the most difficult lighting conditions using a variety of capture modes including HDR, Hi-Res, Lo-Light and Zoom. This is achieved by combining up to 60 frames to create a single high-quality picture.
With Hydra version 1.5, users’ feedback has been taken into account. Infact, shooting with the telephoto lens in Zoom mode and with the front camera for selfies in HDR/Lo-Light modes were two of the most popular requests from users.
“The front camera sensor typically is less capable than the rear camera one, and enabling multi-image fusion with Lo-Light and HDR modes allows selfie capture in situations where this would otherwise not be possible”, says Raphael Sebbe, Creaceed’s founder. Similarly, Hydra can now take advantage of the telephoto lens on compatible iPhone when shooting in Zoom mode (super resolution), enabling higher quality 2x and 4x, plus adding a new 8x zoom level.
Hydra retails for $4.99/£4.99 each in the iOS App Store and today we are offering the opportunity for you to win a free code. If you would like to try, please join our Twitter followers here, like us on Facebook here and Instagram here then post a comment to this post (on our website – so we can obtain your email address), perhaps you’d like to give us some feedback, tell us how we are doing, what you’d like to see and hopefully, we will then be able to send you a code. All winners are selected at random.
New Features in 1.5
• Front camera handling to take selfies in Lo-Light and HDR modes.
• Telephoto camera usage on compatible devices in Zoom mode to achieve pictures with finer details, now with up to 8x scaling factor.
• Improved app localization.
• HDR mode that captures and merges up to 20 images to preserve details both in bright and dark areas.
• Video-HDR mode which uses single-image tone mapping and device-specific sensor mode to create stunning videos.
• Lo-Light mode to remove sensor noise by merging together multiple images and amplifying light by a factor of 10 to provide a better image quality.
• Zoom mode which uses real-time, super-resolution technique to recreate missing pixels from hand motion.
• Hi-Res mode produces up to 32MP images from the built-in 8MP or 12MP camera sensor, providing finer details in captured images.
• Modern iOS features like Peek and Pop to quickly preview a picture and add it to favorites.
• iPhone X-optimized user interface.
• Apple Watch app to trigger remote shooting on the iPhone, including mode changing & live streaming preview.
Pricing and Availability
Hydra 1.5 requires an iPhone or iPad running iOS 10.0 or later. Hydra is available on the App Store worldwide in the photo/video category at $4.99 / 5,49€. Version 1.5 is a free update for existing users. Hydra is localized in 15 language
While You’re Here
We have a small favour to ask. More people than ever are reading TheAppWhisperer.com and we could not be more excited about that. We bring you ad-free journalism every day, so you don’t have to close windows and be distracted with advertisements. We specialise in mobile photography and mobile art and we value all of our readers, writers, contributors and viewers but we do have costs and we do need to ask for your help. We at TheAppWhisperer spend many hours each day, each week and each month to bring you this high quality level of journalism. We do it because we are passionate about it and because we want others to be as passionate too.
If everyone who reads our website, who likes it, helps to support it, our future would be so much more secure. Please help us by offering a contribution or supporting us with a monthly donation of your choosing.
Hello and yes would like to be in the possible code selection
Hello I love you try this app. Seems very nice.
Would be cool to give it a try
This is intriguing; please show me as interested.
Intriguing – I’m interested.
Intriguing — I’m interested.
Always so nice to know about these new apps and the codes are a lovely perk… thank you, Joanne! This looks like it can be very useful. Would love to be in the drawing. 🙂
This look very interesting. Night photography is someone I would like to do more of